Show me your SBC fuel pressure gauge/regulator setups.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I double checked- I only have two hoses- and the Edelbrock 1721 that I have in hand is the same. Guess I just need to make sure that the return line is corked off- it's likely hidden up in the frame rail.
if you have just that pump and you find you DO have a return line and thus a 3 port sender on your tank, i would drop your tank or lift your bed and replace the sender(new sock and seal off that unused return in that case and then you can put new rubber line on the part where it goes from metal to the sending unit with short hose lengths so you dont have your new pump sucking air

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
Here is a pic of the 454 holly 4160 converted to a 4150. Much better then the Carter AFB.

Attachments

• IMG_2859~photo.JPG
    IMG_2859~photo.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 44

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
Proof is in the pudding...

Attachments

• IMG_4185~photo-full.jpg
    IMG_4185~photo-full.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 45

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Here is a pic of the 454 holly 4160 converted to a 4150. Much better then the Carter AFB.
better i would say is more about how you use your vehicle and what you want to do and what you value
Edelbrock is simple but that very fact is a helpful and selling point to a lot. (me one of them) not having any gaskets that can leak fuel below the top of the carb is quite good and it can go far for safety if you especially had a infrequent use situation for the vehicle

But set and forget seems to be a phrase not associated with holley(Ive heard) but ive also heard of the endless opportunity and precise changes one can do, and the fuel rates and the enrichments (esp with forced induction) that there is no other to the great holley

and then if you fear what lurks in the dark some wise spirit may come out of his oldsmobile and start hurling the great reality how 1 carb design operated a lot of vehicles for a lot of years where it had unbeatable driveability and mpg with the ability to work with all the countless emissions doodads

to that end, the qjet, on the emissions stuff...
assuming you can find the spec, the part, the adjustments, and you can have yourself a CARB approved truck when you started with a engine swapped parts rolling chassis lol!!

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
Easy Taylor, just stating a fact in my case. Also that holly was setting right in my cabinet, so little outlay. You get used to a (put here,) certain thing, for me I have been working on holly's for fifty years at least, it is formular and comfortable. He asked for pictures, so I posted to help him out.....

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Easy Taylor, just stating a fact in my case. Also that holly was setting right in my cabinet, so little outlay. You get used to a (put here,) certain thing, for me I have been working on holly's for fifty years at least, it is formular and comfortable. He asked for pictures, so I posted to help him out.....
I apologize, what I said I could see being aggressive in tone. I was , if it means much ,being more chatty than argumentative. Sometimes the difference is hard to tell LOL

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Im not gonna attempt to restore it any time soon but you may appreciate this old thing :)
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shake1969