Show me your SBC fuel pressure gauge/regulator setups.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have an Edelbrock 1406 on a truck I just bought, only had it running once since I bought it in the middle of a swap.

Fuel pump is unknown. But I know these Edelbrock carbs don’t like more than around 6psi.

Since it’s a bad idea to run hose from the pump all the way to the carb, what’s the best idea to run a hard line but manage to get a regulator and gauge spliced in between the pump and the carb? Thanks in advance.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I have an Edelbrock 1406 on a truck I just bought, only had it running once since I bought it in the middle of a swap.

Fuel pump is unknown. But I know these Edelbrock carbs don’t like more than around 6psi.

Since it’s a bad idea to run hose from the pump all the way to the carb, what’s the best idea to run a hard line but manage to get a regulator and gauge spliced in between the pump and the carb? Thanks in advance.
edelbrock sells a line kit that gives you a nice routed hard line that would then provide a good place to then put reg inline

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
edelbrock sells a line kit that gives you a nice routed hard line that would then provide a good place to then put reg inline
Do you have a brand or style of regulator you prefer?

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I do not know the year of your truck. I also don't know what type of pump you are using.I also do not know if your truck has a return line.So I am kind of at a loss to tell you how I would go it.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I do not know the year of your truck. I also don't know what type of pump you are using.I also do not know if your truck has a return line.So I am kind of at a loss to tell you how I would go it.
350, 1981 c10. No return line. Pump is unknown, probably stock. RPM intake manifold.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Do you have a brand or style of regulator you prefer?
I have not used one personally. and since i need a fuel pump I think I am going to get an edelbrock fuel pump(already at the right pressure) and also the sleek fuel line i mentioned, to get it more nice looking and to make it more robust than my rubber hose and a cheap worm clamp

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
350, 1981 c10. No return line. Pump is unknown, probably stock. RPM intake manifold.
You DONT have a return line...? Do you have a pump without a line but you have the line on the truck? 3 port sender? or 2 port?

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You DONT have a return line...? Do you have a pump without a line but you have the line on the truck? 3 port sender? or 2 port?
All I know is I have a line from the tank and one that goes to the carb.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
All I know is I have a line from the tank and one that goes to the carb.
follow the metal line that goes to the tank by the pump, it should have a smaller line following it for the most part iirc that should be butted right up to it
You must be registered for see images attach

here is my 3 port, the metal hardline seen goes up to the top but it was for a rochester 2jet so it may not be shaped the same. the 2 rubber ones go onto the frame rail next to it

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have not used one personally. and since i need a fuel pump I think I am going to get an edelbrock fuel pump(already at the right pressure) and also the sleek fuel line i mentioned, to get it more nice looking and to make it more robust than my rubber hose and a cheap worm clamp
What are you using between that Edelbrock line and the pump?

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
follow the metal line that goes to the tank by the pump, it should have a smaller line following it for the most part iirc that should be butted right up to it

here is my 3 port, the metal hardline seen goes up to the top but it was for a rochester 2jet so it may not be shaped the same. the 2 rubber ones go onto the frame rail next to it
Ok, good call might just be well hidden.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Look at classic industries fpc69nns. I made mine,steel tubing a little patience bending. There is a video on you tube also, titled something like hard fuel line no hose sbc. He does a better job than I did I bent all mine by hand around whatever round objects were the right size and near me. I wish I'd watched his video years ago because his looks way better. Okay I found that video it is on you tube it's 17.25 minutes title is SBC fuel line hardline with no rubber hose. I'd put a link but IDK how.

Last edited:

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Look at classic industries fpc69nns. I made mine,steel tubing a little patience bending. There is a video on you tube also, titled something like hard fuel line no hose sbc. He does a better job than I did I bent all mine by hand around whatever round objects were the right size and near me. I wish I'd watched his video years ago because his looks way better. Okay I found that video it is on you tube it's 17.25 minutes title is SBC fuel line hardline with no rubber hose. I'd put a link but IDK how.
No worries, I'll look it up! Thanks!

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

I double checked- I only have two hoses- and the Edelbrock 1721 that I have in hand is the same. Guess I just need to make sure that the return line is corked off- it's likely hidden up in the frame rail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDuke