SES Light and Possible Miss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I dont buy reman parts. I buy 100% new parts. This my last Gm fuel injected vehicle for me. Next one is gonna be Ford. Ford is better anyways. I guess I'll always be a die hard Ford guy. My first truck was a Ford.

With all that gubment money you get from the rest of us paying our taxes out the ass, I guess maybe you can afford 100% new parts, and all those tools you'd be lucky to use 1 time, but the rest of us are poor because we work to pay taxes for all of those to get gubment checks. I sure hope you're not hiding behind me Dave. #1 you don't have a sqaure, #2 you have done nothing but run down Chevy/GM motors and transmissions the last few days, #3 now you're even running down your own GM truck, guess you didn't do your homework and talk to a stupid GM Service writer before you bought it huh? #4, now you admit your a die hard Ford lover, and I'll leave #5 and #6 to myself, but my point is, rather than come here and stir up comfrontation all the time, think about what GMSB really has to offer you and if you should continue to participate. I prefer to leave that choice up to you. A real man KNOWS where he can be or get the best benefit. I will say, I don't think this place is much of a benefit to you and your projects, and I know you're not much of benefit to anyone here. Most of us here are on a forum geared toward Squarebodies ONLY because we don't much care about Ford 100s or 390 motors etc and we want to share and learn about Squarebody truck mods, repairs and quirks, along with upgrades like Vortec and LS motors that you say are junk, and Overdrive transmissions that you say are junk. So what it comes down to is, Why are you here and why do participate? How about you find a good home at a Die Hard Ford Forum?? I bet there are several of them. As much as Ford breaks down and as junky as they are, I know there has got to be a ton of help out there. Just sayin.... :grd:

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Nope I am dead seriouse, By the time you buy the rear main seal, oil pan gasket, this tool, that tool, these tools, those tools, your gonna be well over 1000.00 bux. Better off to just go buy a remaned one that has better compression. Core charge will be 150 bux so I will give you 300 which will knock your cost down even more.

First your telling me vortec isnt junk but telling me to replace what I with another over a remain seal. So is vortec junk or not?

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Dave, what in the hell are you going to tell a customer when you cant diagnose a problem? I don't think they will take your advice and rush out to buy a Ford.

As far as Ford being the better choice for a truck..... All the big domestic brands build similar trucks depending on the year. Seriously, working on an 85 F-150 is going to be about the same **** as working on my 85 GMC and I cant say one is built way better than the other. Both are going to have little quirks that piss me off until I figure them out too.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
:popcorn:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I'm losing IQ points eveytime I read a stupid Dave authored post...

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
First your telling me vortec isnt junk but telling me to replace what I with another over a remain seal. So is vortec junk or not?
FOR YOU YES ITS JUNK, FOR ME any ANYBODY else on this forum it is NOT because we actually LIKE GM, you LIKE ford. I TOLD YOU IT WOULD BE CHEAPER to replace rather then fix it BECAUSE, I CAN, your not understanding the sarcasim. And HONESTLY I doubt very seriouse you can even replace the rear main seal. I dont think you have the abilities. ALL the TOOLS in the WORLD DONT make you a good mechanic, it just makes you a wanna be.
With all that gubment money you get from the rest of us paying our taxes out the ass, I guess maybe you can afford 100% new parts, and all those tools you'd be lucky to use 1 time, but the rest of us are poor because we work to pay taxes for all of those to get gubment checks. I sure hope you're not hiding behind me Dave. #1 you don't have a sqaure, #2 you have done nothing but run down Chevy/GM motors and transmissions the last few days, #3 now you're even running down your own GM truck, guess you didn't do your homework and talk to a stupid GM Service writer before you bought it huh? #4, now you admit your a die hard Ford lover, and I'll leave #5 and #6 to myself, but my point is, rather than come here and stir up comfrontation all the time, think about what GMSB really has to offer you and if you should continue to participate. I prefer to leave that choice up to you. A real man KNOWS where he can be or get the best benefit. I will say, I don't think this place is much of a benefit to you and your projects, and I know you're not much of benefit to anyone here. Most of us here are on a forum geared toward Squarebodies ONLY because we don't much care about Ford 100s or 390 motors etc and we want to share and learn about Squarebody truck mods, repairs and quirks, along with upgrades like Vortec and LS motors that you say are junk, and Overdrive transmissions that you say are junk. So what it comes down to is, Why are you here and why do participate? How about you find a good home at a Die Hard Ford Forum?? I bet there are several of them. As much as Ford breaks down and as junky as they are, I know there has got to be a ton of help out there. Just sayin.... :grd:

VERY VERY VERY WELL SAID HOTROD

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
This is reminding me of one of those reality tv shows, where everyone is all pissed off till some nutbag FINALLY gets voted off the island/out of the house.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
This is reminding me of one of those reality tv shows, where everyone is all pissed off till some nutbag FINALLY gets voted off the island/out of the house.

Yep, I think the tribe has spoken !!! Dave, bring me your torch !!!

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Dave has tore up this board the last couple of weeks with his BS. It's time for him to GO so that the rest of us can have decent convos and discussions!

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
Dave has tore up this board the last couple of weeks with his BS. It's time for him to GO so that the rest of us can have decent convos and discussions!

Agreed, I personally have been as nice as I can but the past couple of days have broken the camels back.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
This is very sad.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
This is very sad.

It is Jim. You're kind of a new guy here, so you aren't aware of all the antics that have gone on, and what's been done to try and rectify issues to avoid this kind of behavior and what it does to other members. As guests would see this, its not good at all for the forum and future growth. It appears a bunch of guys are picking on this one person, and even the moderator is allowing it. That is how it appears, and I know this. But that's far from the truth. Several will tell you, I've been more than tolerable and helpful with this situation, that everyone is welcome here and expected to be treated equally. I also know many members have extended their patience 10 fold considering the situation. But there comes a time, when something must be done. There is a great group here and I hope to keep it that way, and I hope the group to get bigger. This kind of activity is NOT how it's done. I'm waiting for another staff member to concur and what has to be done will be done. :crazy: Sorry for the antics !! :sad72:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
:sad72: