Serpentine Belt brackets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I bought this off a '90 Suburban. All aluminum brackets w/ ac on pass side. $80 junkyard price and another $200 or so for new pulleys, pumps, tensioner, etc and powdercoating. Currently has a ac delete pulley but it came with a good core compressor for when I add the ac, but will probably upgrade to the newer compressor style when the time comes.

Only downside is that i cant find a small roots/screw blower that works with serpentine brackets.
You must be registered for see images attach

tsgs84

Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I looked around and didn't find the answer I was looking for. I want to put a Serpentine belt system on my 383. What brackets can I use? Will V6 brackets work? What would be the best years I need to look for in a salvage yard? If anyone has pics would help.
March makes reasonably priced kits for any configuration

Attachments

• 668CE00E-8331-4C11-8F98-06C31DC17625.jpeg
    668CE00E-8331-4C11-8F98-06C31DC17625.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 38

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Here are pictures of a 2006 4.3L:

Need to swap the water pump too.

Rustisbest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Just a heads up the 96 and up Vortec style a/c bracket will interfere with taller valve covers. Could trim it down if you don't have a/c though

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Just a heads up the 96 and up Vortec style a/c bracket will interfere with taller valve covers. Could trim it down if you don't have a/c though
Yep. Most people notch the bracket and you can still run AC, but one mounting bolt is omitted.

Without AC, you can lop off the entire upper section of the bracket.

hogdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
My expensive GM serpentine belt kit with AC compressor on passengers' side has tall valve covers because I am using old Crane gold roller rockers.
I did have to clock the alternator and will not be using the brace unless I can refigure it.

Buck69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
D30 CUCV
Engine Size
6.2 (removed)
Yep. Most people notch the bracket and you can still run AC, but one mounting bolt is omitted.

Without AC, you can lop off the entire upper section of the bracket.

Do you have a pic of this set up with the belt and all accessories on?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Do you have a pic of this set up with the belt and all accessories on?
No sir, that car is still in surgery. But, it's actually a factory belt routing for a non-AC truck. That's a factory idler pulley in a factory mounting location. Literally the only thing I did was cut off the upper portion of the bracket and blend the edges. The aftermarket "AC delete" pulley mount is really a useless product, but they sell because folks don't realize there's a factory idler provision.

Buck69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
D30 CUCV
Engine Size
6.2 (removed)
Thanks @bucket!
I guess I fall into that "folks" category. I actually have the delete pulley kit on it's way. Lol.
I am using all the brackets from a '97 TBI suburban in my CUCV. Hoping to have the powertrain mounted in the frame over the next couple weekends. Any chance you know the delco part numbers for the idler and belt?
Thanks again!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Thanks @bucket!
I guess I fall into that "folks" category. I actually have the delete pulley kit on it's way. Lol.
I am using all the brackets from a '97 TBI suburban in my CUCV. Hoping to have the powertrain mounted in the frame over the next couple weekends. Any chance you know the delco part numbers for the idler and belt?
Thanks again!

I believe I have them written down somewhere, but I'm not home. The pulley is fairly easy to match up, GM used it for a bunch of applications. The hard part is the special shoulder bolt that retains it. I've not found those in the parts stores so I've always just collected a few from the junkyard, as needed. Like the pulley, that bolt was used on other GM applications, including front drive cars.