Seat Trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

imjohnny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Suburban
Engine Size
Looking at recovering the seats in my 77 C20 Burb. The backs are in great shape but the bottom seat portion is getting tore up. Only has 2 rows right now, but going to pick up a third row from Old Classic Truck Parts. All benches. I would like to find the same material or something else period correct to do it in if I can. But I have also been thinking about a full reupholstery kit from stockinteriors.com.

Here is the question. If I do it myself, I want to put the trim squares on it. My two rows still have them. Are they easily removable and can they be put on the new upholstery? Did the third row have these trim pieces originally too? Can't seem to find reproductions of them anywhere. Thanks. Here is a pick of the second row of mine to give you an idea.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Tank6x2

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Truck Year
79/86
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
350, TH400.4:10 gears 2WD
I’d bet they’ll be sewn into the fabric

imjohnny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Suburban
Engine Size
I would think it is some sort of clip on or front and back pin thing. Don't see how they could sew it in. It is metal.

mrdap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C/K_Lover
Truck Year
81-91
Truck Model
C20/K30/V15/V2500
Engine Size
350/454
Definitely a nice touch to keep them!

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
They're not re-popped, you'd have to find some NOS or used ones. I saw a picture not long ago somewhere on IG of a set a guy was selling, I think there's studs that grab something in the seat IIRC

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
They have 2 pins on them that go into a galvanized piece on the backside and are very sturdy. You need to pry them apart when removing and use pliers to snap them back together. Used ones sell on ebay for $25-50 apiece. They all seem to be in pretty good shape used. There are some billet reproductions available, but I believe they are $100+ each?

Take a look at Raybuck for your seat upholstery, I used them a few months back and was pretty happy with my experience. 3 different designs, 3 different materials, 15-20 color choices. They sent me samples and I got them within days. Something other competitors weren't able/ willing to do. If you do order from them, sign up for their newsletter right before you place your order for 10% off but you only have 5 days to use it. Saved me a $100.

imjohnny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Suburban
Engine Size
They have 2 pins on them that go into a galvanized piece on the backside and are very sturdy. You need to pry them apart when removing and use pliers to snap them back together. Used ones sell on ebay for $25-50 apiece. They all seem to be in pretty good shape used. There are some billet reproductions available, but I believe they are $100+ each?

Take a look at Raybuck for your seat upholstery, I used them a few months back and was pretty happy with my experience. 3 different designs, 3 different materials, 15-20 color choices. They sent me samples and I got them within days. Something other competitors weren't able/ willing to do. If you do order from them, sign up for their newsletter right before you place your order for 10% off but you only have 5 days to use it. Saved me a $100.
Thank you so much. Exactly what I was guessing, but wanted to find out. I have all of them still, but didn't want to tear up the seats till I was ready, and didn't want to do that till I knew if I could reuse these. I appreciate it. I'll check out raybuck too. Thanks for the tip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshuOne