Dash trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ijglotzbach

Reaction score
First Name
Isak
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15/1500
Engine Size
400-406
Hey guys
I’ve got a 73 gmc k15 high sierra I’m working on restoring and I have some signatures I want to engrave into the trim piece in the dash. My biggest current issue is that it seams the only trim pieces I can get my hands on that aren’t plastic are basically a flat aluminum plate and I need the ac vent holes and would love to retain some of the original look but need the trim to be a more robust material.
I’ve also been half considering giving a try and fabing up my own trim piece but have a feeling it’ll be a waste of my time, has anyone tried making their own of any sorts?
Thanks for the read and for any help.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
What about trimming out the center of the stock piece and figuring out a way to put a custom aluminum insert in? Maybe make it a smidge long so the stock piece sandwiches it in place?

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
My 78 has an Aftermarket insert made from aluminum. Has slots for a/c vents. It's okay but totally not me. I will be changing that out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad