Seat belt light stays on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

john55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I did a search of the site for the topic. I couldn't find it, nothing in the Haynes manual. i'm sure it's a simple fix (lol) when i buckle up start the engine the seat belt light stays on, even if i start engine first then buckle up it stays on. any ideas other the black electrical tape over it. thanks in advance john

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
any ideas other the black electrical tape over it. thanks in advance john

Pull the bulb out??? :shrug:

I'm not familiar with this type. Is it the switch in the buckle or will it be a switch on the roller at the housing?

john55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
thanks guys, i'll pull the bulb i always wear them il mandatory state belt law. you can ride in the bed of the truck w/ nothing but up front a seat belt is a must

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Here you can't ride in the back of the truck unless you're over 16 years old. Unless the law didn't pass. I remember used to ride in the back of my dads trucks sitting on the wheel hump. Try that today going down I-35 !!! NOT !!! Biggo Ticket. Supposed to be setting down flat with your back to the cab. I know I need to research these laws, cuz I was thinking of bolting down 2 seats behind the cab, in the bed with seat belts. That might not even be legal. Remember Suburu Brats came that way from the factory as an Option.

You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
There must be some sort of timer box for the seatbelt light, because it's not supposed to stay lit even if the seatbelt is not buckled. Whatever controls the light must be toast.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eri24