Search for K10 rotor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
i think he means it's gonna be a D44 part in an 80K10 no other differential option available :shrug:

A D60 might br found in a 30 series or larger truck. Fords or Dodges had em too..that must not be the correct application is all.. I dont know exactly when it switched to 8.5" 10 bolt...early 80s...Look, I don't know I just wanted some pictures ok? :( i did good.
One of these other Pros will know that stated 7" hub diameter off the top of their head :893karatesmiley-thu but it was the middle of Saturday night!

Last edited:

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
my k25 had a d44, from what i read 1984 gmc stopped using d44, but were also putting 10 bolts in. why? good question

jwgreen

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
5.7L V8
I can’t remember for sure. But I recall there being a Big bearing spindle and a smaller one. I’ll look back over my SAS notes and get back to you

eskimomann that would be great. It seems there must be 2 different size rotors for a K10 but I just can not find the one I need.

wht im saying is a 1980 could have had at least 2 different front differentials and the only way to really know what you **need** is to see a pic

AuroraGirl, sorry if my pics were confusing, I was just posting some pics I had of my progress. The axle in the pic is a spare Nissan Patrol axle that I am using to mock up the disc brake conversion.

your diff has ears for caliper on the axle tube, thats different than my 1978 and 1980 k10/k25 respectively d44. they both are on the splash shield. but that is no determiner

The "ear" are not welded to the axle tube but to a plate that I had laser cut to match the mounting holes of the hub shaft. It works effectively the same as the stock splash/mount of the K10.

That’s not a GM axle. ( I don’t think) It’s a conversion using GM rotors. That’s a weld in kit for his axle choice. But we are indeed missing a lot of information.

You are correct, pictured is my Patrol mockup axle

Hey those are pretty good pics, looks like fun.
Not trying to be too big a dick but this IS the internet...kinda requires pictures to work best?:)

This pic reminds me of a 14 bolt axle hub (10.5) AND THEN I realized you don't want Dana 44 axle parts ..... Try a rotor for a Dana 60. I bet that will be much closer.

Lets us know and good luck!. :waytogo:

You must be registered for see images attach

Rusty Nail, What model has a Dana 60? If that is what is on a K20 then the bolt pattern for the wheel studs is not correct. I need it to be like the K10 which is 6 on 5.5.

I also have a couple new pics from the guy who originally did this style conversion. Here is what he sent me of the rotor that he has on his setup currently. He said that he purchased them new from O'Reillys using the part number 5020RGS but when I ordered that one is was not correct.

The inside dimension of the roto I need is aprox 7.2" according to his measurements. Patrol hub od is approx 6.7"

Last edited:

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
so what about the rotor was incorrect compared to the one he told you? did he provide all the specs of it before being used/modified?

jwgreen

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
5.7L V8
so what about the rotor was incorrect compared to the one he told you? did he provide all the specs of it before being used/modified?

The difference between the one he used and the one that the part number gave me is the diameter of the rear opening for the hub to sit in. His has a diameter of around 7" and the one I got using the provided part number 5020RGS is less than 6". The patrol hubs outtermost diameter is 6.7" therefore the rotor will not sit down over the hub properly.

jwgreen

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
5.7L V8

Only modification that was done was to have the hole opened up where the hub protrudes through to 4.25". This is why I am searching for this exact rotor style as it requires the least machine work to fit and does not compromise structural integrity or the rotor.

Here are the two photos of the different rotors.

First pic is the one he uses with the larger opening

Second is the one I ordered with the part number provided with a smaller opening

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Looking at the photo in post #18, it looks like the stamped part number may actually be 5569. If so, that might be the correct part, but the hub hole is too small and would have to be machined out. They are designed for the 1990's series of GM trucks and Suburbans.

I put the 5569 number into O'Reillys search engine then clicked the part interchange button and came up with this. There were a few brands to choose from. Don't know if this is correct, but maybe it will give you a place to start.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...t-brake-rotor/580438rgs/2544717?q=5569&pos=25

Last edited:

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Only modification that was done was to have the hole opened up where the hub protrudes through to 4.25". This is why I am searching for this exact rotor style as it requires the least machine work to fit and does not compromise structural integrity or the rotor.

Here are the two photos of the different rotors.

First pic is the one he uses with the larger opening

Second is the one I ordered with the part number provided with a smaller opening

I wonder if he is off by a decade - that sure looks more like a slide on style rotor to me.

Here is a listing for a 1990:

https://www.autozone.com/brakes-and...VD_DACh18LAbUEAQYAiABEgLbXvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edit : bad pic, only 5 hole, but hopefully you follow what I am saying.

jwgreen

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
5.7L V8

Craig Christ......Sweet little baby Jesus.......you are the Man!!!!

I didn't think that number was a part number and I was unaware of the cross-reference function on O'Reilly's site!! That is the rotor and she is almost perfect!!!! Only way it could be more perfect is if I didn't have to open up the center hub bore but that's not that big of a deal!! I can now continue my conversion once I get that machined open this week!!!

Thank you to all who chimed in and participated in my little treasure hunt!! I would have never found that without you guys I do not believe. I owe you all a beer of 12!!!!!

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Agreed