Search for K10 rotor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwgreen

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
5.7L V8
Hope this is a good place to post this question.

I am using GM brake parts to do a disc brake conversion on my Nissan Patrol. I have been in contact with a guy who did this before and was using his part numbers to collect the parts needed. But I have run into a snag....it seems the part number he had for the rotor he used is either incorrect or they have changed the spec. The reason I am looking for that particular rotor is that it requires minimal machine work to fit my hubs. The rotor supposedly came off a 1980 K10 and the part number he gave me was a 5020RGS from O'Reilys. The problem with this rotor is that the inside diameter that goes over the wheel stud surface of the hub is too narrow. The hub opening is also too small but that was the only machine work he said he had done. Does anyone know of a K10 rotor that has the larger diameter opening on the back side and the associated part number? I hope I mad this clear, if not ask any questions needed. I would really like to track down this rotor to move my disc conversion along!!

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Hope this is a good place to post this question.

I am using GM brake parts to do a disc brake conversion on my Nissan Patrol. I have been in contact with a guy who did this before and was using his part numbers to collect the parts needed. But I have run into a snag....it seems the part number he had for the rotor he used is either incorrect or they have changed the spec. The reason I am looking for that particular rotor is that it requires minimal machine work to fit my hubs. The rotor supposedly came off a 1980 K10 and the part number he gave me was a 5020RGS from O'Reilys. The problem with this rotor is that the inside diameter that goes over the wheel stud surface of the hub is too narrow. The hub opening is also too small but that was the only machine work he said he had done. Does anyone know of a K10 rotor that has the larger diameter opening on the back side and the associated part number? I hope I mad this clear, if not ask any questions needed. I would really like to track down this rotor to move my disc conversion along!!
what differential? d44? 10 bolt? should be same if those. but maybe different lug pattern? Perhaps a year cutoff when differences were made?

jwgreen

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
5.7L V8
what differential? d44? 10 bolt? should be same if those. but maybe different lug pattern? Perhaps a year cutoff when differences were made?
If you are asking about which diff the donor truck had on it I am not sure as he pulled the parts off a truck in a junk yard. But then got brand new parts once he knew which ones he wanted to use. I am not sure what diff a 80' K10 had in it. Lug pattern is 6on5.5..

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Bet it had a Dana 44..but we're gonna need some pix of said "Patrol" efore we can help tooooo much.

You pay first - then axe question.
Go down there and upload a file from your cellular telephone. First. :winner_first_h4h:
Maybe that will help us remember about Dana 44 hubs?
:pedobear:

jwgreen

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
5.7L V8
Bet it had a Dana 44..but we're gonna need some pix of said "Patrol" efore we can help tooooo much.

You pay first - then axe question.
Go down there and upload a file from your cellular telephone. First. :winner_first_h4h:
Maybe that will help us remember about Dana 44 hubs?

Here the current state of affairs, getting her close to being on the road, but would like to get this conversion figured out.

Opening needs to be almost 7"......current 5020RGS is only 6".....

You must be registered for see images attach

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I can’t remember for sure. But I recall there being a Big bearing spindle and a smaller one. I’ll look back over my SAS notes and get back to you

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
If you are asking about which diff the donor truck had on it I am not sure as he pulled the parts off a truck in a junk yard. But then got brand new parts once he knew which ones he wanted to use. I am not sure what diff a 80' K10 had in it. Lug pattern is 6on5.5..
wht im saying is a 1980 could have had at least 2 different front differentials and the only way to really know what you **need** is to see a pic

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
your diff has ears for caliper on the axle tube, thats different than my 1978 and 1980 k10/k25 respectively d44. they both are on the splash shield. but that is no determiner

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
your diff has ears for caliper on the axle tube, thats different than my 1978 and 1980 k10/k25 respectively d44. they both are on the splash shield. but that is no determiner
That’s not a GM axle. ( I don’t think) It’s a conversion using GM rotors. That’s a weld in kit for his axle choice. But we are indeed missing a lot of information.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Hey those are pretty good pics, looks like fun.
Not trying to be too big a dick but this IS the internet...kinda requires pictures to work best?:)

This pic reminds me of a 14 bolt axle hub (10.5) AND THEN I realized you don't want Dana 44 axle parts ..... Try a rotor for a Dana 60. I bet that will be much closer.

Lets us know and good luck!. :waytogo:

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
oh this is a rear axle? or maybe kingpin setup it looks? hmm. i can look up the specs of a dana 60 hub in my 1980 manual. but that would be wrong lug pattern, unless you dont care what pattern you get?

DanMcG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
1978 1985
Truck Model
k10 k10
Engine Size
400 350
I've looked at a few parts places on line and no one offers an optional rotor for an 80 K10.

Last edited:

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Wdym? I bet if you call any auto store and tell them you need a rotor and would like to choose one, they would happily offer you whichever option you wanted. assuming you pay for it.

just, it might be for a 2015 toyota prius

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes