1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seafoam and it's results

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance' started by 82sbshortbed, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Joe T

Joe T Full Access Member

First Name:
    Joe
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K10
    Engine Size:
    Once you get the gunk out the gunk holding all the seals together will come with it.

82sbshortbed likes this.
  2. 82sbshortbed

82sbshortbed Full Access Member

First Name:
    Doug
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    Engine Size:
    Well I put 5 oz in tonight and ran it for about 15 minutes. I'll run it a few more times an change the oil and see what happens.

Thanks for the input. Seems like a lot have put it in the gas but not in the oil.

I'll report back and tell y'all what happened. I've got the 454 sitting on the garage floor ready so what's the worst that can happen? Lol

Fixin to swap the motors so I hope it cleans it up so when I sell it it'll be more attractive. I have a lot of new parts on that motor. It runs good but, ran across the 454 and turbo 350 and grabbed them up. I didn't plan on that but, hell I couldn't pass it up.

K201979 likes this.
  3. Joe T

Joe T Full Access Member

First Name:
    Joe
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K10
    Engine Size:
    If thats the case let us know how it goes.

82sbshortbed likes this.
  4. shiftpro

shiftpro Full Access Member

First Name:
    shiftpro
    Truck Year:
    73-87
    Truck Model:
    1500, 2500, 3500
    Engine Size:
    350, 383, 454, 496!
    :popcorn:

5. Craig 85

Craig 85 Full Access Member

First Name:
    Craig
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K30 SRW
    Engine Size:
    454/TH-400/NP205
    On my last truck I used a quart of Marvelous Mystery Oil. When I bought it, the valve covers leaked horribly due to the fact the gaskets were as hard as a rock. Under the valve covers was black sludge everywhere. A few months later when the weather got cold, I got a lifter tick that would go away once the oil warmed a bit. I added MMO and after a couple of weeks of occasional driving, the tick totally went away, man that oil was black!

TerryRH and 82sbshortbed like this.
  6. Snoots

Snoots Supporting Member Supporting Member

First Name:
    Roger
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    Jimmy Sierra
    Engine Size:
    X2

7. 4WDKC

4WDKC Full Access Member

First Name:
    Kacy
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    V10
    Engine Size:
    Never in the crankcase I always used ATF for that. Id add it right before the oil change and drive it for a few days (short distances) then change it.

8. TerryRH

TerryRH Full Access Member

First Name:
    Terry
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    R10
    Engine Size:
    350ci
    Yeah, that MMO is some serious stuff. You can literally use it everywhere on your vehicle

9. QBuff02

QBuff02 I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie

First Name:
    Quincy
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K30
    Engine Size:
    Never tried Seafoam in the crankcase of anything, but I do have a good argument for mixed in the gas of just about anything! I have not touched sta-bil and absolutely will NOT use Sta-bil after seeing it's effects several years ago during the shit gas during the Obama administration. I worked at the John Deere dealership from late 1999 until fall of 2013, and we sold hundreds of new lawn mowers every year in our market. When the gas problems hit and prices went through the roof and the quality went in the basement we had nothing but problems with any gas equipment on our lot. We'd always mix X amount of sta-bil into all the new gas we'd get for filling up the new lawn mowers during pre-delivery. It worked ok... But the problem was that anything that sat on the lot for any time-usually a month (especially in the summer heat) or so would not start or run very poorly after that time frame. We'd pull the carburetors off and open them up and every single one of them it appeared as if the sta-bil had separated or caused the fuel to separate and basically coagulate inside of the bowls. Plugging jets, needles and seats and fuel shut off solenoids/pins alike. We spent countless hours tearing carbs off of engines-brand new engines on brand new lawn and garden equipment. Some that cost over $10,000 or more! And this didn't even take into account all of the used inventory on our lots at the time that would also require attention in the same manner! Every single one of them, gunked up inside the carbs. Our Territory rep from Deere at the time said "we've seen this problem before, stop with the Sta-bil, it's junk, and start putting SeaFoam in for your stabilization/storage additive instead. Your problems will disappear." So we did, and I shit you not we went from having to tear apart dozens of carbs every single month to maybe one or two. Made me a believer in the magic of SeaFoam and I haven't touched Sta-bil since and neither has the dealership that I worked for. And I tell everyone to stay away from Sta-bil whenever the need arises.

10. Camar068

Camar068 Supporting Member Supporting Member

First Name:
    David
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/31"
    Engine Size:
    10 yrs Air Force
    After this I started using Seafoam a lot more....

Had a 15 yr old green wally world special weed eater. rebuilt the carb, changed bulb and spark plug. I could not get it tuned to run smooth. I put 4 caps of seafoam in the gas.....it took about 3 seconds running rough then switched to running like a scalded dog. I couldn't believe it lol.....and it's still running fine 2 years later.

I've never ran it through the crankcase.

@QBuff02 I'd seen similar sta-bil results on the web....glad I was "too cheap" to use that stuff lol.

QBuff02 and 82sbshortbed like this.
  11. 82sbshortbed

First Name:
    Doug
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    Engine Size:
    Well it sounds like the product works like they're advertising so I'm kinda excited to see what it does in the oil. Because it says right on the bottle to put 1oz per qt in the crankcase to clean it up. They say to do it about 100 miles before an oil change. So since i don't have tags on it I'll let it run for about 15 minutes at a time reving up it here and there.So we'll see what happens when I change the oil.

And I just put some in the gas too. Lol

12. 82sbshortbed

First Name:
    Doug
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    Engine Size:
    I went out and ran it for 15 or so after adding it to the gas. It had a lifter tap that went away after about 5 minutes of running. Ha, sounds like its working.

TerryRH likes this.
  13. TerryRH

TerryRH Full Access Member

First Name:
    Terry
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    R10
    Engine Size:
    350ci
    Guess you can add to all of our success stories now so far. Since you're running it in the oil and through the fuel, you may as well run some through the vacuum line as well and hot soak it. Clean up your intake a bit.

82sbshortbed likes this.