Scores from DIY Parts Yards, Pull A Part, U Pull It etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vr1967

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Virgil
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
6.2L turbo
Thanks! I noticed I've been seeing more of them. It's definitely a real good driver quality unit. Luckily aluminum doesn't rust lol.

Cant find many examples of this topper on the internet, a couple like it, but not the same one. These styles ive always liked that little kick out over the rear, gives it a little shape instead of just a box, as well as the "aero" front lol.

There's some inspection sticker that says "it meets all the requirements for 1968 somethin somethin" some kind of crap like that. I'll have to look into it.
Been seeing this one in NE GA for years, when we go on vacation to the area.

You must be registered for see images attach

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Been seeing this one in NE GA for years, when we go on vacation to the area.

That's a crazy lookin roof. Close to the one I wanted, bubble windows!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Picked up this stabbin cabin for $50, about ten miles away. All aluminum! Way way lighter than those dumb firberglass toppers of the era. It's about 32 inches tall, so about ten inches above the cab. I was kind of looking for a roof level bubble window topper, but this one was cool looking and a great price and in good shape.

It's in pretty good shape, the drivers side and roof have a little bit of hail damage, two small dingers on top in the back, a couple random small rock dents. All windows are good, even has the screens on the sides, and the hatch locks work!

It also has wood panel interior for sin lolol I'll get some better pics in the daylight and after a wash.
It's certainly squarebody era correct for sure. Nice that's it higher top. You really might be able to do some shaggin' in the stabbin' cabin. I've got the fibreglass one that thankfully has a rise midway to the rear. It's sucks bumpin' your ass on the little 12volt dome light in the center of top.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
as you can see the gap close.
It's not the frame is your problem. It's your body mount bushings are weak and flattened out. Replace those and everything will should line up properly again unless it's been in a wreck or severely overloaded and it hurt the frame.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
It's certainly squarebody era correct for sure. Nice that's it higher top. You really might be able to do some shaggin' in the stabbin' cabin. I've got the fibreglass one that thankfully has a rise midway to the rear. It's sucks bumpin' your ass on the little 12volt dome light in the center of top.
I got a factory fiberglass ford topper with a square box I bought, ugly and heavy as sin. It was missing a window and had a couple rough spots. The ford guys wouldn't even give me $50 so I took it to the dump lol. I've never been a topper guy, I'll take a tonneau cover over a topper any day, but for a camping a storage perspective it definitely is nice. But mostly this one and the bubble windows just look cool and proper on a square.

Im kind of sorta looking for a lower profile camper that fits behind the tailgate, maybe a pop up. Id like to get into a small vintage camper trailer honestly, but either you have a pretty penny, or a nasty restoration.

I just don't want some top heavy behemoth. I'm pretty minimalistic, so even this topper could work as a camper for me. Make some provisions for a portable wood stove, maybe a bed mat a pillow and a sleeping bag and I'm good lol. The sleeping equipment isn't even necessary lol, a blanket for sure.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I got a factory fiberglass ford topper with a square box I bought, ugly and heavy as sin. It was missing a window and had a couple rough spots. The ford guys wouldn't even give me $50 so I took it to the dump lol. I've never been a topper guy, I'll take a tonneau cover over a topper any day, but for a camping a storage perspective it definitely is nice. But mostly this one and the bubble windows just look cool and proper on a square.

Im kind of sorta looking for a lower profile camper that fits behind the tailgate, maybe a pop up. Id like to get into a small vintage camper trailer honestly, but either you have a pretty penny, or a nasty restoration.

I just don't want some top heavy behemoth. I'm pretty minimalistic, so even this topper could work as a camper for me. Make some provisions for a portable wood stove, maybe a bed mat a pillow and a sleeping bag and I'm good lol. The sleeping equipment isn't even necessary lol, a blanket for sure.
I've never been a topper guy either but a truck I bought for $200 came with one of the fibreglass snug tops. I kept it around thinking I'd never use it. Welllllllllllllll, one day I was taking my project rig out to my dads and I learned a towing mistake, a DON'T Do !!! I had the truck loaded backwards and there was no glass in the rear door. So wind was going over the rollback cab and filling the topper with air at 75mph. Even with 4 bolts to the bed, it lifted and took flight. The last bolt hung on and as the topper took flight it rolled and damaged the bed side pretty bad. The rest of the shell was broke and smashed flat by the time it hit the ground from about 25-30 feet in the air. It caught enough air, it wayyyyyyy up the sky first before it came down. So lucky it didn't hit another car when it landed.

But anyway, so years later I decided I wanted one and never could find one to save my life for a few years. FINALLY, I was able to buy 1 for $50 but had to drive about 100 miles to get it. It's almost a snug top too, but it raises up as it goes to the back so there's a bit more height in it toward the back. If I ever get that truck done someday..... had it for years and never got to it...But I do have the shell for it if I choose to use it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
@PrairieDrifter I really like this for a minimal topper camper
This is basically why I decided I wanted one. I thought I might build an overlander type rig to live in for awhile. I ended up buying a bus instead. Oh and then another one and then another, and then the last purchase was 2 busses. Yep, I have 5 busses now. 4 run and drive, 2 of the 4 are legally registered and insured since they are so damn cheap. No joke, they're cheaper than tagging and insuring than my squarebody truck. I just renewed one of the busses with minimal liablity since I don't drive them a bunch, but it was only $79 for 6 months for my 2010 Blue Bird Vision. I need to make a post about this stuff. I'm wayyyyy behind on updates here.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
I picked up this HEAVY bumper and 6 blade fan for $100. Going on my dually project, guy said it came of an 86 k30. This thing is so heavy, it's almost 3/4 plate for the main section and mounting plates. I think the diamond plate is a little more than 1/8, and there's some 1/4 square tubing. 1/4 inch angle iron for mudflaps too lol. Holes for a pintle hitch, license plate and trailer wiring. Needs some cleanup, some finish welding, and some paint.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
I picked up this HEAVY bumper and 6 blade fan for $100. Going on my dually project, guy said it came of an 86 k30. This thing is so heavy, it's almost 3/4 plate for the main section and mounting plates. I think the diamond plate is a little more than 1/8, and there's some 1/4 square tubing. 1/4 inch angle iron for mudflaps too lol. Holes for a pintle hitch, license plate and trailer wiring. Needs some cleanup, some finish welding, and some paint.
Picture #2 looks very familiar....I have a '53 half ton long bed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1