Scores from DIY Parts Yards, Pull A Part, U Pull It etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Ray

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
forum brother from another forum scored a a833. Bought it from him, picked it up when I went to pick up Mom in CO a couple of weeks back.
Cool dude met him and another forum brother.
Good times. Here's his pics...shifter is all bent up, but I'm getting her straightened out.

You must be registered for see images attach

tater dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
tater
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
While driving around a small town near me I spotted this suburban sitting in a front yard . Stopped and asked the guy if he was selling parts off it as I needed interior stuff for mine . He said no , but ….. if you tow it away you can have it for free !!!!
Well didn’t need to tell me twice . Next day towed it back to mine and started stripping all the rear interior out . It was all red so I dyed everything blue . Took what I wanted off it and sold the rest for $350 . I’d say that was a result

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
While driving around a small town near me I spotted this suburban sitting in a front yard . Stopped and asked the guy if he was selling parts off it as I needed interior stuff for mine . He said no , but ….. if you tow it away you can have it for free !!!!
Well didn’t need to tell me twice . Next day towed it back to mine and started stripping all the rear interior out . It was all red so I dyed everything blue . Took what I wanted off it and sold the rest for $350 . I’d say that was a result

I guess that's why burbs are harder to find than trucks, they get gutted and scrapped. You scored some good stuff, though, and free is always the right price.

tater dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
tater
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
I guess that's why burbs are harder to find than trucks, they get gutted and scrapped. You scored some good stuff, though, and free is always the right price.

Yerp ! The interior I need was in decent condition too considering it had been left out in the elements a while .

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

That's EXACTLY the reason why. Oodles and oodles of them have been used as donors for pickups.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
If those back windows were factory deep tint they're worth $$$

Those are easy to find.

...It's just the ones that aren't cracked are difficult to find :rofl:

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Those are easy to find.

...It's just the ones that aren't cracked are difficult to find :rofl:
A few months back I was doing a good cleaning of the windows and realized that my factory windshield is flawless. Well, actually all the factory glass is. Now that I mention that, some dip w a d will come along and ruin it.

Edit: I had to add spaces the word W A D because it is a no-no-word on here.

Last edited:

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Got a skinny style chevy ralley (needs paint badly) with a ring and cap, and a almost new 205/75 trailer tire for $10.
Tire was holding 60psi, and still has the hairs and white lines.

Also got a free 14in cragar SS.
He cleaned out his shed, and said i could have it.
And its 5x4.75 to 5x5 multi size pattern, so it should fit just about any 2wd chevy.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Got a skinny style chevy ralley (needs paint badly) with a ring and cap, and a almost new 205/75 trailer tire for $10.

And its 5x4.75 to 5x5 multi size pattern, so it should fit just about any 2wd chevy.
Uni-lug

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size

That uni lug will get you hurt. Maybe with no abuse on a low horse power grocery getter,but I couldn't keep them tight on back of my GTO. But it would probably make a great spare to have around. I have some double drilled wheels for my trailer/temporary spares for whatever. 5 on 4.75 and 5 on 4.5

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
That uni lug will get you hurt. Maybe with no abuse on a low horse power grocery getter,but I couldn't keep them tight on back of my GTO. But it would probably make a great spare to have around. I have some double drilled wheels for my trailer/temporary spares for whatever. 5 on 4.75 and 5 on 4.5
Ive heard that. I didnt really have much use for it being a 14in. Figired itd make good wall art or something

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod