Rubber or poly bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl

nabeshin

functioning lunatic
Reaction score
First Name
Grae
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I think I was originally trying to go rubber, but couldn't find any that weren't back ordered or insanely expensive.

You gotta pay to play.

And then I bet factories are reduced cause of CARONA VAIRUS

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
You gotta pay to play.

And then I bet factories are reduced cause of CARONA VAIRUS

This was a few months before the virus. You could get them from rockauto or amazon for something like $40 per rear bushing and then only individually with no front bushings at all. Or you could get a complete poly cab bushing set with new bolts and washers from summit for $75 and free shipping.

Ron Sebastian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe V10
Engine Size
Last month installed ORD Kevlar bushings for all leafs and sway bar. The ride is smooth and for the same price as other kits you get greasable bolts.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have used brand name poly bushings (Energy Suspension and Prothane) for suspension & steering components in every old vehicle I've ever owned. I also used poly cab mounts on a 69 C10.

Frankly, the only difference I can tell is the vehicles have quicker steering response, and are generally less bouncy-bouncy. If the ride is harsher I've never noticed it. I mean we're talking' pickups here, not Buicks!

And those 69 C10 cab mount bushings that I installed in the mid-1990s? They still look and work like new. Prior to that I had installed real GM rubber bushings, but they started cracking just a couple years later. Bad batch? Old stock? Maybe.

82Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
6.2L
Rubber. I'm at the point i need to find all the Suspension / Steering Components for my truck as well.
I can only find crappy poly. Who knows where a fella can get good ole Rubber?

Yes it'll be a Cruiser I don't really plan on Daily'ing but that's the future and we can't predict that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Rubber. I'm at the point i need to find all the Suspension / Steering Components for my truck as well.
I can only find crappy poly. Who knows where a fella can get good ole Rubber?

Yes it'll be a Cruiser I don't really plan on Daily'ing but that's the future and we can't predict that.
Why don't you like the poly? Seems half the guys like poly and half like the rubber.

Rob Goblin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
LMC, National Parts Depot, and Classic Industries all sell both rubber and poly body mounts. I know LMC and National Parts Depot sell rubber suspension bushings.

I have all three paper catalogs.
I want to go poly body mounts, but I can't find anywhere that sells the bed mounts just cab and rad support.

JoeR Jr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.0/4L80E
I stuck with rubber for cab and radiator, all suspension was replaced with poly.

This is what I would recommend. Another member here has the same truck as me. Fried Daddy installed new poly suspension bushings. The difference in highway-speed handling (and higher) was night and day. I plan to do mine before too long.

Joe

Rob Goblin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
If I'm not mistaken, I think the bed doesn't have mounts, it's just bolted straight to the frame.

By george you're right. I looked at the LMC catalog on my work computer instead of on my phone at home and see that the full kit just has the mounting bolts for the bed.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
What do y’all think about the doing all rubber except poly on the sway bar links and bracket bushings? The logic there would be to keep a squishier ride while keeping the sway bar rigid and having a little bit better turning performance.

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
What do y’all think about the doing all rubber except poly on the sway bar links and bracket bushings? The logic there would be to keep a squishier ride while keeping the sway bar rigid and having a little bit better turning performance.

This is what I did. Works well. I also used ORD's "fancy hybrid" leaf spring bushings that are something with Kevlar. Pretty decent so far.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
This is what I did. Works well. I also used ORD's "fancy hybrid" leaf spring bushings that are something with Kevlar. Pretty decent so far.
I’ll have to look those up, but I’ll plan to do like I said. I wish I could do poly on body mounts, but knowing my luck, it would squeak to no end.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus