rocker question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
I am getting ready to put on my rocker and my question is to anyone who has done this before, should I weld the inner rocker to the outer then put it in place or should I put the inner rocker in place first

Also the inner cab corner, what does it do and is it worth me buying

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Tack-weld a brace across the door opening before you begin cutting, otherwise the opening will lose shape and you'll have a fit trying to get your door to work right again. Then after you have everything cut out you need to, put the inner rocker in first with a few tacks then test fit the outer rocker over it. If everything is good go ahead and tack it in 1 weld every couple inches or so, don't try to seam-weld it. Also jump around to different places to weld it so not too much heat is being concentrated in one area at once. As for the cab corner I never used the inner but it wouldn't be a bad idea. Once everything's welded caulk/prime/paint it and you should be good to go!

Last edited:

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
thanks for the help cant wait to get it back out, will try and get some pictures up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Green K10