Inner rocker choices confusion.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
First Name
Art
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
So I need to replace my rockers but am utterly confused by the 3 choices on AMD (Inner, inner full & inner backing plate) and exactly which I need. Any direction would be GREATLY appreciated.

Attachments

• 00898D3B-457B-4390-ABEA-CED5FCC28BB7.jpeg
    00898D3B-457B-4390-ABEA-CED5FCC28BB7.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 106

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
First Name
Art
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I'm going to hijack my own post and ask a side bar question. Just to premise I have watched a lot of videos on changing these but nothing on whether or not you need to. Footwells, were the originals just seam sealed to the floor and do these need to be replaced?

Attachments

• image0(7).jpeg
    image0(7).jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 102
  • image3(3).jpeg
    image3(3).jpeg
    313.7 KB · Views: 96

LocoLocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
I'm going to hijack my own post and ask a side bar question. Just to premise I have watched a lot of videos on changing these but nothing on whether or not you need to. Footwells, were the originals just seam sealed to the floor and do these need to be replaced?

Those look pretty rotted out…I would replace them.

Sorry I’m not much help on the rocker question. I only know inner and outer rocker. Not sure what “inner full” refers to!

Bighead72

Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
chevy c10
Engine Size
like to know myself.

Originalthor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Full inners and outer rockers is what you would want to buy to answer your question if you haven't bought anything already. But.

I would be doing floor pan patches. They come with inner rockers or at least a good portion of them. And they make lower cowl footwell patch panels.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I work for AMD as our QC guy and am also involved with R&D, marketing and several other facets of the business. It is definitely confusing, we apologize. We have yet to come up with a better way to label them.

Looking at your pictures, you're definitely going to need some floor patches, these are the more accurate OE style ones:

For the inner rockers, the "full" inner rocker is what you're going to want. It's more like the original and has the little drainage/wiring channel in it:

The "backing plate", some trucks had and some didn't. We have yet to find a rhyme or reason for it, but we wanted to offer it. If you look up under your truck, you should be able to see the outer rockers, the inners and if you have a third ply there, you have the backing plates as well.

You definitely also want to replace those kick panels, they were welded to the floor originally, not just seam sealed and those have rotted quite a bit further up than they used to be.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
First Name
Art
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I work for AMD as our QC guy and am also involved with R&D, marketing and several other facets of the business. It is definitely confusing, we apologize. We have yet to come up with a better way to label them.

Looking at your pictures, you're definitely going to need some floor patches, these are the more accurate OE style ones:

For the inner rockers, the "full" inner rocker is what you're going to want. It's more like the original and has the little drainage/wiring channel in it:

The "backing plate", some trucks had and some didn't. We have yet to find a rhyme or reason for it, but we wanted to offer it. If you look up under your truck, you should be able to see the outer rockers, the inners and if you have a third ply there, you have the backing plates as well.

You definitely also want to replace those kick panels, they were welded to the floor originally, not just seam sealed and those have rotted quite a bit further up than they used to be.
Thanks for the info! I was planing on purchasing this floor land as it’s full and comes up the seat hump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M37M35