Returned A Craftsman Tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHEELMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
BILL
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
454 v8
made in china--i bet--it burns my ass-every day-that America is not building and making it,s own things-when it would put every American back to work.but/two things keep it from changing around..the ports and china crap-crooked politicians..getting kick backs.to let more and more..crap come in to the ports..not even trying to slow it down any..it is all about money and greed..

America does not have a Government..what is there.does not work for the country or we the people..any more

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
My craftsman 5/8, 3/8 drive spark plug socket bad. The chrome has cracked already. I wonder if I can get new if say the socket is cracked when I take it back to sears.

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
put it in a vice and crack it

85K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
put it in a vice and crack it

Funny! I've taken many craftsman tools back and they never give me any problem. But I agree if its cracking and they give you trouble do what towman says.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
My craftsman 5/8, 3/8 drive spark plug socket bad. The chrome has cracked already. I wonder if I can get new if say the socket is cracked when I take it back to sears.

Only the chrome is damaged? Leave it be. Now if the socket is cracked, either it's from improper use or the quality has really gone downhill. I have never managed to break a spark plug socket, just wear out the rubber inside of it.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Only the chrome is damaged? Leave it be. Now if the socket is cracked, either it's from improper use or the quality has really gone downhill. I have never managed to break a spark plug socket, just wear out the rubber inside of it.

I think its just the chrome that is damaged. I put replacements on my christmas list in SK brand.

Blackdog3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins
I worked for Sears for 10 years on an off as a part time guy. Back 10 years ago, the quality of products were so much better. I have seen a down grade in tools over the years. Cheaper parts, cheap metal. If they are made in the USA anymore i would be surprised. You would think that Sears would make their tools with high quality so they dont break and if they do you can still get replacements. Now a days if you break one that is in a set like impacts or star bits you have to call a number and they send you a new socket since stores are not allowed to split up sets. Tape measures are now off the list, if you have a yellow one get as many as you can because the new red and black ones are not lifetime anymore.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I worked for Sears for 10 years on an off as a part time guy. Back 10 years ago, the quality of products were so much better. I have seen a down grade in tools over the years. Cheaper parts, cheap metal. If they are made in the USA anymore i would be surprised. You would think that Sears would make their tools with high quality so they dont break and if they do you can still get replacements. Now a days if you break one that is in a set like impacts or star bits you have to call a number and they send you a new socket since stores are not allowed to split up sets. Tape measures are now off the list, if you have a yellow one get as many as you can because the new red and black ones are not lifetime anymore.

Sears is slowly losing my business in tools and same with the kobalt stuff at Lowes. Eventually all my wrenches, pilers, sockets, ratchets, etc will be replaced with SK Tool, Cornwell, Wright, or Snapon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehernandez