Replacing Outer Window Seals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick76

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Installed new today and got a couple removal/install photos to post. Old ones were as brittle as ceramic. Tips: a hook pick works to grab the clips, even past hardened rubber. There is clearance to slip it into the clip once you’re down there. I did bend the hook on the drivers side. Lineman’s pliers picked up where th hook left off. Grab down past the top flange of rubber or that will just break off. The last clip by the wing will stick, but rotating it up and down parallel to the door got them loose. I don’t regret passing on the specialty remover tool. On the install, line up two clips at a time, but press in one at a time. Getting it misaligned might cause bending if you had to pull back out to readjust. They are hard to snap down, but there is good viability to where the clips need to go. I hung down the door by my fingertips on the groove in the rubber over each clip and they popped down without fail.

Attachments

• IMG_2328.jpeg
    IMG_2328.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2327.jpeg
    IMG_2327.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2326.jpeg
    IMG_2326.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Forum statistics