replaced heads/intake wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
This is the slowest forum of any kind i've been apart of. squarebody.com is so much better. i'm out of here. thx to the people that actually helped

I don't think that is a very fair statement. There was quite a bit of good advice given. You still have not figured out the reason for the weak spark and keep jumping around about different things. Take them one at a time. You need more help in person actually diagnosing and working along with you. Very hard to help on a computer. Get your hands on a repair manual and take the steps outlined to diagnose the weak spark issue as others here have tried to explain.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
This is the slowest forum of any kind i've been apart of. squarebody.com is so much better. i'm out of here. thx to the people that actually helped

suck it! :flipthebird:

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
Oh well sounds to me like he is wanting one f us to come fix it for him. If he wasnt able to do the work and figure it out then he should have never taken the aircleaner off. Dont let the door hit you on the way out PEACE!!!!!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Im looking to get a new distributor now and all of the ones I find have one single plug coming out that connects to the cap. The one I have now has the same and an additional plug that plugs into the firewall. Do I need to get an exact replacement? Would the distributors with only the single plug work?

You can install the single plug dizzy, it just gets rid of your crappy electronic controlled timing.

I'm sorry we are not a super large mega forum filled with internet bullies and a few good members sprinkled here and there. What we have here is a group of great members that don't always have a chance to be here every second of the day and tell all of the magic answers. Good luck with your truck and may the force be with you.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E

Don't let the door hit you on the way out...

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads