Removing Front Coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GOBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Well tomorrow Im gonna try to drop the front end if I can find a jack. I had it all apart last time but I couldnt get the upper ball joint to seperate. I was gonna take the u bolts off of the control arm but it seems easier this way.

Now for 2nd question. Should I start at cuttin off 1 coil or go straight to 1 1/2 or stop in the middle and do 1 1/4? I really only wanna take em out once.... The rear only has 2 leafs I beleive and sits 3 or 4 inches lower than the front.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
Well tomorrow Im gonna try to drop the front end if I can find a jack. I had it all apart last time but I couldnt get the upper ball joint to seperate. I was gonna take the u bolts off of the control arm but it seems easier this way.

Now for 2nd question. Should I start at cuttin off 1 coil or go straight to 1 1/2 or stop in the middle and do 1 1/4? I really only wanna take em out once.... The rear only has 2 leafs I beleive and sits 3 or 4 inches lower than the front.
To remove the spring you unbolt the lower ball joint NOT the upper ball joint, and tou can use the springs tension to do it just leave the castle nut on to break it loose for safety.
I would only cut one round off the front springs to start, sometimes removing them twice is the nature of the beast when lowering.

GOBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Yeah I learned bout cuttin too much on one of my fox bodys. Cool deal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD