Refurbishing the interior, need parts advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mobius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 Heavy Half
Engine Size
350 SBC
Who has the best quality and/or value for interior? I just replaced my bench seat upholstery, and I’m planning to also replace the carpet, door panels, and dash pad. Eventually, I’ll also do the kick panels and other miscellaneous trim bits, since I’m converting the interior color over to black (from brown). Thanks in advance!

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have always found the best prices on google.

But seriously There is no one company that makes the best “parts”. certain companies make a better part.
I did my best ( with a lot of patience) to hunt through junk yards. The best parts were made by GM. For door panels and dash pads you want oem. Look around there are a few threads on how to refurbish both. Some people ( myself included) wrap the dash pad and the door panels in leather. Hell I might even wrap the headliner trim in leather.

86suburban

Reaction score
First Name
brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10 suburban
Engine Size
I've been shopping interior parts and I got the usa1 interiors dash pad for mine because I didn't have the skill or time to re-do my old cracked one and it's ok. It was the only replacement I could find that had speaker holes and a metal frame and came in burgandy. For the 400+ I paid for it and the 2.5 months it took to get to me, and the quality for money, I would probably take it to a local shop and have my OEM one redone if I were to do it again. It looks good, texture is good, but we had to spend several hours cutting and trimming to make it fit, which was fine, but it already had some of the color starting to peel off on one of the edges. Luckily that part wasn't visible once installed. So we'll see how it holds up. After reading a lot of posts here I think I'm going to go the route of refurbishing my existing stuff for door panels and trim pieces.

You must be registered for see images attach

Joe T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I think I will send a lot of stuff out on my 77 to get refurbished. Its all in good shape to begin with. So I am subscribing to this to see how people plan to do it to get some ideas. I want it concours perfect to be quite frank. I plan to do it late next year.

On my 79 Jimmy I’ll get complete door panels as it is just easier and everything else in the truck is good.

On my 87 it has a decent home DIY restored dash that was done well but starting to show some peeling and warping. Think I’ll get that USA1 dash. Thats all it needs. I dont have the time or experience either to jack with it.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
The consistency of these aftermarket parts is all over the map. I've seen cab corners that were perfect and others... wtf I thought maybe they were for a ford at first.

Joe T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The consistency of these aftermarket parts is all over the map. I've seen cab corners that were perfect and others... wtf I thought maybe they were for a ford at first.

Lol :confused:

Kasey 1977 K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My 77 K10 had the buckskin interior and I converted to black. The seat was done locally. I couldn't find replacement kick panels due to the dual vents in mine so pulled them, cleaned them and painted them. The dashpad, door panels, carpet and bezel all came from LMC. The dashpad was high quality and fairly easy to install. the door panels weren't bad but pretty cheap plastic. I ended up selling those and picking up some fiberglass panels but the fit wasn't perfect and they were expensive as hell.

Mobius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 Heavy Half
Engine Size
350 SBC

that’s why I’m asking before I spend money. Hope to find out which company makes/supplies the best of each part. I don’t mind ordering from multiple sources to get the best stuff.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
You're missin
that’s why I’m asking before I spend money. Hope to find out which company makes/supplies the best of each part. I don’t mind ordering from multiple sources to get the best stuff.
You're missing my point Eric, quality is all over the map here... you might get a great part from a certain dealer and next time, same dealer but drama will come with it. I think LMC has been trying their best to source the best parts. And even if they do, the oversea supplier can and will send inferior parts if that's all they have.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
My 77 K10 had the buckskin interior and I converted to black. The seat was done locally. I couldn't find replacement kick panels due to the dual vents in mine so pulled them, cleaned them and painted them. The dashpad, door panels, carpet and bezel all came from LMC. The dashpad was high quality and fairly easy to install. the door panels weren't bad but pretty cheap plastic. I ended up selling those and picking up some fiberglass panels but the fit wasn't perfect and they were expensive as hell.

Im liking that seat

Fireman605

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Ive been hearing good things about cheyenne truck parts for dash pads! they say they fit awesome, and OC carpets for interior carpets very reasonable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
84C20jb