"Rebuilt" 700r4 issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
Got some shiny adjustable stuff just now, hopefully this'll do

You must be registered for see images attach

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hopefully these help. Its a little tight back there. The last one is between the dizzy and valve cover of the last two bolts on the intake. The goldish piece is the "modification" that was used to hold the brace piece from behind the head to the forward part. This is hooked up and working great on an edelbrock 1406 btw. Just ignore the obvious valve cover leak thats getting addressed.

If its close to yours you might be able to move it to those back bolts and do some kind of kind of bolt on brace to the rear of the head.

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
Thank you! Il use that as a base line. I went out and splurged on some cheepo chrome adjustable bracket. It should give me the adjustment I need, and I got it to fit in decently after some modification with a dremel. Do you have your tv bracket centered with the rear valve cover bolt @Dutch Rutter ?

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The up right part is pretty on line with the valve cover bolts. The part that holds the tv cable is pretty much in line with the throttle linkage. Its looking pretty good by your pic.

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
The up right part is pretty on line with the valve cover bolts. The part that holds the tv cable is pretty much in line with the throttle linkage. Its looking pretty good by your pic.
Good to hear, I've got to pick up some more fluid tomorrow because the trans also had a pesky fluid leak that I had to fix today, but I'll keep you posted after the test drive

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Something's not right with your TV cable geometry. It should be almost parallel to the throttle cable. I have a friend with a Edelbrock carb and geometry corrector lever, so I've asked him to send me a photo.

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
Something's not right with your TV cable geometry. It should be almost parallel to the throttle cable. I have a friend with a Edelbrock carb and geometry corrector lever, so I've asked him to send me a photo.

Ive gotten a different bracket from that photo but I'd still like to see that photo. I've since gotten a universal adjustable bracket that il be testing later today

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@Obwonkonobe Another question that ran into my mind. How is your torque converter lock up setup? I mainly ask because I do not see some of the vacuum lines in your pictures.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Ive gotten a different bracket from that photo but I'd still like to see that photo. I've since gotten a universal adjustable bracket that il be testing later today

am I seeing things or is there slack in that TV cable?

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
OK, here you go. We used Lokar cables and brackets. Not cheap, but clean and functional, and much nicer than an OE-type cable on the trans end. I don't remember who makes the throttle lever geometry corrector bracket. We ended up with zero cable slack at closed throttle, and full cable tension at WOT.

You must be registered for see images

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
am I seeing things or is there slack in that TV cable?

I see it too now that you mention it. Not 100% sure if its actual slack of maybe the cable is bent up? Doesent look as though there is enough adjustment available with that bracket to take it out though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK