Rebuilt $350 long block questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scenic760

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
Everything about that screams "I have no idea what I'm doing". Why would you sandblast a cylinder head?!?!? After reading that review I'd be concerned that they gave someone else your parts or kept them for themselves and then saddled you with some junk they had laying around.

That is becoming more likely the more pieces I put together on this...I actually thought I took a picture of the block and head casting #'s but can't find them to compare, damn it! Of course the one picture I need I can't find!!

rt66paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
paul
Truck Year
1991 suburban
Truck Model
Engine Size
Was this in the original contract? I would take them to small claims court for ruining your block. There is no way I would pay that money, they should have let you know that the block was in such bad shape.
I would ask for a refund of any money paid up front. You could be out the original price of the core, but You should be able to do better.

scenic760

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
Was this in the original contract? I would take them to small claims court for ruining your block. There is no way I would pay that money, they should have let you know that the block was in such bad shape.
I would ask for a refund of any money paid up front. You could be out the original price of the core, but You should be able to do better.

That was my argument from the beginning with them!

How could you possibly not know a block was so severely jacked up that it needed to go from a std bore to .060 over with 2 sleeves before you even started moving it over to the boring machine. And I'm pretty damn sure that wasn't even the case..the block was clean

And your right, even if they do give me a complete refund (which is what I'm expecting) I'm still out my core so I would at the VERY least expect to be compensated for that as well.

The reality of the situation is, as someone mentioned before, they probably put it together with what they had laying around the shop so they aren't really out much if they refund me anyways!

DrPrepper

Reaction score
First Name
Dwight
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
400ci
You would be best served by contacting the Bureau of Automotive Repair and register a complaint.anytime a estimate is changed it is to be documented...

DrPrepper

Reaction score
First Name
Dwight
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
400ci
Oh yea ... "Before the work is done"

scenic760

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
Quick update...

The credit card company credited my card back pending any response from the merchant... a friend who used to work for a dealership said what they did was so far outside any known industry standard they probably won't respond...

I was thinking again today, I put down a $1000 deposit for them to get started and "order parts"... so at that point do you order .060 over pistons!? Or when the machining gets you to a point you sleeve the block and bore it again, you then reorder pistons and don't think that would maybe a good time to call the customer?!?

The oil pan gasket they supplied for me to use has RTV residue all over it, so obviously a used part... becoming more and more obvious a Frankenstein shop build in an attempt to leave me holding the bag...

Will update when final resolution..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20