Rear brake shoes smoking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I put the new Springs on and found out that the adjuster was too long so I put the adjuster on that came in the package and the brake drum slides on and off like it's supposed to do and I can adjust the adjuster out thanks for the help everyone
So that means your springs stretched out too a good thing you replaced all the hardware. I knew something wasns't right. Makes sense now. Thanks for coming back and letting us know what it was.

dickeymoore

Reaction score
First Name
Clarence
Truck Year
Truck Model
C 10
Engine Size
Okay I'm back at it after 2 months of replacing the brake hardware and and the breaks or like the brakes are grabbing again when I take off or at a slight turn I know I have a positraction unit in the rear end but it's like something in the brakes is popping any suggestions when turning or pulling off at a angle any HELP

dickeymoore

Reaction score
First Name
Clarence
Truck Year
Truck Model
C 10
Engine Size
Okay after 2 months of installing new brakes and new hardware the brakes are starting back to act up I hear popping and like something's grinding when I take off at an angle or a stop when turning i have a positraction unit in the REAREND any help

dickeymoore

Reaction score
First Name
Clarence
Truck Year
Truck Model
C 10
Engine Size
I had new U-joints installed about a year ago

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads