Rattle can paint job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Don't forget about the tractor and implement paint at TSC. I did my jeep with that about 4 or 5 years ago, and it's held up well. Even with winter driving and being stored outside. The only drawback, was that I never used a UV protectant, and the shine has faded. But for $20 - $30 a gallon, it's hard to beat. Especially with the HF spray gun. Can't recall what was available in tan though. Selection is kind of limited to tractor factory colors. Give me a minute and I'll get a few pics.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
This was my first effort on spraying a top coat too.
You must be registered for see images attach

Pender1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
1986|2014
Truck Model
K5|1500
Engine Size
5.3L|5.3L
Don't forget about the tractor and implement paint at TSC. I did my jeep with that about 4 or 5 years ago, and it's held up well. Even with winter driving and being stored outside. The only drawback, was that I never used a UV protectant, and the shine has faded. But for $20 - $30 a gallon, it's hard to beat. Especially with the HF spray gun. Can't recall what was available in tan though. Selection is kind of limited to tractor factory colors. Give me a minute and I'll get a few pics.

Yea, that tractor paint is some tough ****, but you are severely limited on color choices.

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
so I did mine with rattle cans, also flat. I used avero military paint, desert tan. it's the color that the military uses for their desert paint. on my crew cab with service body I used 4 cases. at 6 cans per case that is 24 cans. and my truck was 6 different colors. of course I sanded the whole truck, where the paint was in good shape I just painted over the sanded factory paint areas that needed work got primer. let me tell you this paint is tough and it's easy to touch up. I painted it 12 years ago, it needs to be redone this time I will buy gallons and a gun. btw avero is kylons parent company. highdesertranger

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 169

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EazyT