Question about the clutch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yeol1

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
First post, like the site everybody. I tried searching but didn't find what I was looking for.
I have a 79 K10 with a 350/sm465/no205. I use the truck mainly for off roading here in east TN. I've had this happen twice where I was going up a hill had it in too high of a gear and the engine stalled. I new the truck would start but to start it at this point I would have to push in the clutch while giving it gas, so there for no foot on the brake. So I would roll backwards. Thankfully I was able to guide the roll into a rock to hold me in place.
My question comes here- Am I able to disable the clutch start so I can avoid this, and use my starter to crawl over certain obstacles? If so how would I go about doing it?
Thanks for the help guys.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Do you not have granny low? Why not go to neutral to restart while holding brake and pumping gas. Then brake/clutch into low to crawl back up? I'm sure it's not that easy, but it worked in my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeol1

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yes I have the granny gear, but I was almost to the top and didn't feel like shifting. My mistake I know but it happens.
And trying to hold the clutch(non hydraulic) all the way to the floor and hold the brake isn't easy at all unless you have a shaq sized foot.
I remember my 96 Tacoma had a button where I could cancel the clutch start and I loved it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dan87r10