Q jet choke has defected

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
That's a neat gizmo @Georgeb. A little outside of my fan skill set though. So did you have a manual pull knob inside the cab?

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
First thing I would do is get a flat head screw driver and a shop vac and clean that mess up on top of your engine! Holy freaks I can barely see your engine let alone anything else!

Ya unless you can get that screw out, your looking at either a newer carb with electric choke or a new intake so you can remount the choke spring properly.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
That's a neat gizmo @Georgeb. A little outside of my fan skill set though. So did you have a manual pull knob inside the cab?

Yes, I had the pull knob inside the cab mounted through a little bracket below the dash. I would put the pedel to the floor, pull it all the way, pump it one more time and start it. Then push it in about half way and let it warm up a bit. It took a little to get used to but prior to getting my 78 C10 with the same setup you have all I ever has was a manual choke pull.

Last edited:

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Heck that sounds like a better system anyway. I tried a better drill bit this morning, and I actually got some metal shavings out. But I didn't have much time to fiddle with it. Got my 04 sold today so I can focus on getting this truck in better shape. @MadOgre a clean motor is no fun to work on though.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Finally got this fixed. I got a higher power drill and a good bit set and finally have a choke again after 10+ years. Now if anyone can tell me how to adjust the secondaries properly I'd appreciate it.

You must be registered for see images attach

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Thank you for that link, I'll see if I can get some time to mess with it this week. I'm scared to do too much to it, the truck runs great and gets decent mileage all things considered, the secondaries just aren't working as far as I can tell. I def don't want to end up with it running poorly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1