Carburetor linkage bracket for Q-jet 700R4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
PO Put a Edelbrock on my truck before I bought it 3 years ago. The edelbrock is ok, but at some point in the next few months or so I'd like to go back to a Q-jet. I've got one rebuilt and ready to go, but I no longer have the original linkage bracket. I know I could fab something up or buy a universal and make it work, but I'd rather have a factory bracket if possible. My truck has the 700R4 and we all know how critical the geometry is for the TV cable. AFAIK any small block, with 700R4 bracket will work. And with the number of folks that have gone to other carbs and trannys I'm hoping someone will have one sitting around that they will part with for a small fee, plus of course I'll pay the shipping. Thanks.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
@Tank6x2 In the area I live wrecking yards are few and far between and don't have trucks as old as ours or only very rarely. Grit dog will vouch for me on that. So not an option unless I'm out of town some where and decide to see what I can find. Frankly I'd have better luck looking at one of the online wrecking parts searches, calling, ordering and hoping I get what I need. If no one here happens to have one for me in the next few months I'll either use something universal work, or make my own bracket.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
@SirRobyn0 , I think I have one, but I don't really want to give it up.....yet. I'll try to get a clear pic of it tomorrow, so you can see how it looks. It appears to bolt to the intake and it has provisions for the throttle cable, TV cable and one other cable..cruise?. It is a factory 2 piece bracket, bolted together. We will see

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
@idahovette Just a picture would help me especially, if I decide to make something or order something so at least I know what the correct bracket should look like. Like I said there is no real timeline on this. If I do end up making a bracket at that point maybe I could convince you to take some measurement too. Thanks

Tank6x2

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Truck Year
79/86
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
350, TH400.4:10 gears 2WD
@Tank6x2 In the area I live wrecking yards are few and far between and don't have trucks as old as ours or only very rarely. Grit dog will vouch for me on that. So not an option unless I'm out of town some where and decide to see what I can find. Frankly I'd have better luck looking at one of the online wrecking parts searches, calling, ordering and hoping I get what I need. If no one here happens to have one for me in the next few months I'll either use something universal work, or make my own bracket.
Fair dude.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
PO Put a Edelbrock on my truck before I bought it 3 years ago. The edelbrock is ok, but at some point in the next few months or so I'd like to go back to a Q-jet. I've got one rebuilt and ready to go, but I no longer have the original linkage bracket. I know I could fab something up or buy a universal and make it work, but I'd rather have a factory bracket if possible. My truck has the 700R4 and we all know how critical the geometry is for the TV cable. AFAIK any small block, with 700R4 bracket will work. And with the number of folks that have gone to other carbs and trannys I'm hoping someone will have one sitting around that they will part with for a small fee, plus of course I'll pay the shipping. Thanks.
I think I only have ones for a 2 barrel, if i had any qjet ones they would be for th350. im guessing the tv cable didnt sit in the same spot as a kickdown.
there would exist somewhere one for my Truck originally, but it had sm465 so i doubt it has a provision too. is your intake stock?

Blackbeard44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.0 LS
if you still need the bracket, I am going to pick up a front diff tomorrow from a guy that has a few trucks he's parting out, I will ask him if he has one

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
@AuroraGirl My understanding is the TH350 is a different bracket but similar, some folks think it's close enough, but given the 700R4's reputation for needing proper TV cable settings I'd really like a 700R4 bracket. Yes it's the stock intake, he installed the edelbrock with the edelbrock adaptor plate, to the factory manifold.

@Blackbeard44 Yes I still need the bracket. I'll happily pay you whatever he charges you and shipping, as long as you think his price (if he has one) is reasonable. I can PM you my phone # if you want it.

Blackbeard44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.0 LS
I'll offer him $5-10 bucks, I'm paying him a good chunk for a dana 60 front diff, he just might throw it in, I will update this post tomorrow and let you know what I come up with

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I don't have one but I know exactly what you're talking about. It bolts onto the back 2 carb studs and has the 2 squares, 1 for throttle cable mount and 1 for the TV/Detent cable. Same one is used for both Th350 and 700r4 transmissions to the best of my knowledge.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
This is a pic of the bracket I have , seems to be right??
You must be registered for see images attach

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Call Jon Addington. He has a bunch of used squarebody parts and has a business dealing in used parts and new parts for chevy's. He's located in Sultan. (425)422-7345

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg