Power Windows issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jacko Wacko

Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
R20
Engine Size
350CI
1987 Burban R20! I am at my wits end with the power windows!
I have power at the pink wire at all 4 window switches, however I cannot operate any window from the drivers side other than that window. I would like to do the Relay mod as well, but I am not sure how to search the Link! HELP!

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350
1987 Burban R20! I am at my wits end with the power windows!
I have power at the pink wire at all 4 window switches, however I cannot operate any window from the drivers side other than that window. I would like to do the Relay mod as well, but I am not sure how to search the Link! HELP!

the fact you have one window that works basically verifies the ground and power are good. probably dirty switches. squirt some wd40 in them and work them back and forth several times. They alternate the power and ground so both switches have to work for each window.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I just replaced the switches in my truck. Both windows work properly now. Before the pass door switch did not work at all and the pass control on the drivers door worked, but very slow.

Do the switches work at the corresponding doors?

Jacko Wacko

Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
R20
Engine Size
350CI
So, the drivers window works from the drivers side. The passenger does not operate at all from the switch, fiddling around I tried running a ground wire on the ground side of the window going down and i got the switch to work, which leads me to believe that the ground isn't working on that circuit. The rear left window works from the rear left switch both directions with the same modification of a temp ground wire run, but the drivers switch for this window will only operate it to go down, not up....I already tried replacing all of the switches. It didn't do anything

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
I went through all this with my old 91 V10 suburban. I ended up just running all new wires to the switches.

When I bought this 88 V20 I hunted down some manual doors from a 78 suburban and have been happy since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michaelmarine53