Power Steering Pump Fitting Part Number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crooney1189

Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Does anyone have the part number for the fitting in the back of the factory power steering pump for an '86? I need to order one, and can't find that fitting listed on RockAuto. My truck didn't have the PS pump anymore when I got it back, and I need to add it to the 5.3 PS pump to reuse the C10 power steering lines.

crooney1189

Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Realized I put this post in Tech not Steering, if someone could please move it.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Does anyone have the part number for the fitting in the back of the factory power steering pump for an '86? I need to order one, and can't find that fitting listed on RockAuto. My truck didn't have the PS pump anymore when I got it back, and I need to add it to the 5.3 PS pump to reuse the C10 power steering lines.
good question for future reference. I'm sure someone will chime in.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
The part you need is a relief valve. Commonly called flow control valve. Early squares have an SAE hose fitting with an inverted seat seal. Later squares like yours, will have a metric "O" ring seal hose.

You must be registered for see images attach

Amazon has them, but they don't state which one it is. I would think it is the later "O" type since they haven't used the SAE since the 1970's.

Cars that have the same Saginaw pump could have a lower pressure since steering rack needs less pressure than the steering box.

CLICK HERE

Last edited:

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
The part you need is a relief valve. Commonly called flow control valve. Early squares have an SAE hose fitting with an inverted seat seal. Later squares like yours, will have a metric "O" ring seal hose.

You must be registered for see images attach

Amazon has them, but they don't state which one it is. I would think it is the later "O" type since they haven't used the SAE since the 1970's.

Cars that have the same Saginaw pump cold have a lower pressure since steering rack needs less pressure than the steering box.

CLICK HERE
So would the "relief valve" internals need to be changed as well going from an '86 pump to a say 2006 pump? All I changed was the fitting on my swap.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
So would the "relief valve" internals need to be changed as well going from an '86 pump to a say 2006 pump? All I changed was the fitting on my swap.
If the 2006 pump was on a 2 wheel drive 1/2 ton truck with a rack and pinion steering gear, yes. The rack requires less pressure. With a Saginaw steering box on the '06, relief is good.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
92 X-Ray