please hep me decided

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevy murf

Reaction score
First Name
joseph
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
v8
okay so i need to either rebuild my transmission or buy one that is at most $500 off craigslist. But I am torn on what I should do. I would get someone to do it but i just don't have the money. I have dropped the transmission before and that's pretty simple but should I buy a used or rebuilt one of craigslist or try and rebuild my own. take into account that I have never rebuilt a transmission but I have general knowledge on how to work on vehicles I have been a garage mechanic for a while now. Done things like radiator, starter, gaskets, rear main seals, and other somewhat simple jobs. So what do y'all think i should do??? please give me your honest opinion on this and tips if you can thanks! O and i almost forgot to include that it is a 700 r4 transmission for a chevy 4x4 1986

Gmule

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Fleetside long bed
Engine Size
After my experience with a used transmission from Craigslist. I wouldn't buy a used one with out first seeing that it operated properly.

chevy murf

Reaction score
First Name
joseph
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
v8
what can i do to see if it runs properly? what can i ask the guy to do to prove it to me

Tyger13us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
450hp/357cid
what can i do to see if it runs properly? what can i ask the guy to do to prove it to me

IMO if your buying a trans off craigs list? its pretty much just parts,, ya already got a part trans,, the one ya got that dont work,, i wouldnt want another one...

have it rebuilt? or turn it in for a core on a NEW rebuilt one,,, save your self some time and money and do it right the first time is my best suggestion.....

now if ya knew how to rebuild transmissions,, id suggest something different..:headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bats_67