Patina truck project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sergio729

Reaction score
First Name
Sergio
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Quick update on the old girl. The paint underneath all that faded clear coat is in some pretty good shape!

You must be registered for see images attach

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Quick update on the old girl. The paint underneath all that faded clear coat is in some pretty good shape!

Damn!!! What did you use on it?

Sergio729

Reaction score
First Name
Sergio
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
“78C10BigTen” I used Meguiares ultra cut compound and a 7” wool wheel. I expected it to bring it back a bit but I had no idea it would come out this great. I can’t wait to finish up the rest of the truck!

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
“78C10BigTen” I used Meguiares ultra cut compound and a 7” wool wheel. I expected it to bring it back a bit but I had no idea it would come out this great. I can’t wait to finish up the rest of the truck!
Meguires is great stuff

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
@RedBeard_83 since you've been using this mix for a while, do you think it would spray through a pump up garden sprayer, to do the insides of doors backsides of fenders inside frame rails etc.

@Jonny B. Where did you find this jenolite product? Searched but all I could find was U.K. vendors

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
“Shiftpro” I just don’t have the money to fix everything that needs to be done and get a quality paint job. So I’m trying to remove the surface rust/stop the spread and preserve the aged paint that is still hanging around.

People are SPENDING $ to get this look. The last car show I was at, two years ago (because covid faked out everything this last summer) about one in every 10 cars had this going on.

Sergio729

Reaction score
First Name
Sergio
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
People are SPENDING $ to get this look. The last car show I was at, two years ago (because covid faked out everything this last summer) about one in every 10 cars had this going on.
Hell yeah! Being cheap finally made me cool haha.

RedBeard_83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom deluxe
Engine Size
Sbc 350
@RedBeard_83 since you've been using this mix for a while, do you think it would spray through a pump up garden sprayer, to do the insides of doors backsides of fenders inside frame rails etc.

@Jonny B. Where did you find this jenolite product? Searched but all I could find was U.K. vendors[/QUOTE

It's possible . its not thick . the mineral spirits are mixed in it to thin it out. The ingredients arent expensive so it couldn't hurt to try it . I don't see why it wouldn't work .

Jonny B

Reaction score
First Name
jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc c1500
Engine Size
Yes im in England,Send em a message and see if they got a US distributor,their tech guys were very helpfull in advice on preserving patina and adviced me,truck will done by end of this week so ill get missus to post some pics

Donald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1500
Engine Size
350 / 290
Sorry guys I am not a fan of patina and fake patina is worse , I have been a street rodder most of my time and worked in street rod shops . I like a car or truck with a nice paint job . I do not under stand someone doing every thing nice on the truck and leaving the outside a mess . Between the patina and rat rods our car shows are looking like junk yards . Sorry but that just my opinion .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iiixtremeiii