Painting Door Panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
The ColorBond brand sold thru LMC Truck has the authentic factory colors..
Quality Product

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
pics coming shortly

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
If you want exact colors try USA1 industries. Will cost more though and have to ship.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
color wise, go by whats on the bottom. The light is making it appear pinkish. Krylon Fusion all in one paint + primer burgundy. Local Sherwin Williams had to order it for me (online wanted $25 a can....screw that).

Anyway, was going to buy 2 cans of the case but decided to buy all 6. Glad I did cuz it's different enough to have to paint the rest of the interior parts. Padding and such I may have to go black.

You must be registered for see images attach

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
color wise, go by whats on the bottom. The light is making it appear pinkish. Krylon Fusion all in one paint + primer burgundy. Local Sherwin Williams had to order it for me (online wanted $25 a can....screw that).

Anyway, was going to buy 2 cans of the case but decided to buy all 6. Glad I did cuz it's different enough to have to paint the rest of the interior parts. Padding and such I may have to go black.

Maybe it’s the lighting or my computer screen but it seems you don’t have the right color ? ‘86 red is more Burgundy

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If you want exact colors try USA1 industries. Will cost more though and have to ship.

I had door panels and sun visors on order from USA for over 8 months - I just canceled the order last week. Last update I got was May 4 when he said they had no ETA on any of it. Apparently they are moving manufacturing operations from Taiwan to the US so no idea when they will be up and running.

Too much $$ to tie up past any resolution date with nothing to show for it or updates as to when if ever they will be back in stock.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
I had door panels and sun visors on order from USA for over 8 months - I just canceled the order last week. Last update I got was May 4 when he said they had no ETA on any of it. Apparently they are moving manufacturing operations from Taiwan to the US so no idea when they will be up and running.

Too much $$ to tie up past any resolution date with nothing to show for it or updates as to when if ever they will be back in stock.
I know what you mean. I waited 3 months on my interior. Glad my door panels and other hard plastic were good. Only needed some of their carmine red paint.
I've been waiting 8 months on the door pulls. Glad I kept my old ones.
Paint they mix in house so the turnaround is a week or less.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI

Color almost looks like another GM one called firethorne.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Well I'm either looking for more paint or painting the rest of the interior plastic. I think it will be fine with the seat as it's not as dark. Will make that decision when I get the truck back from the welder in a week or 2.

For future reference this is Krylon fusion all in one color 2704

Jawzjeep

Honk if parts fall off
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
On hard plastic, I've had MUCH better luck using SEM paint or the Rustoleum stuff that's meant for plastic... can't think of the name at the moment.

*EDIT* Scratch that... it's Krylon Fusion.

I second the krylon fusion on plastic. Ive used it for years on multiple RC cars that spend all their time in the dirt with 4 wheels spinning. Most resilient plastic paint I've found. Let me say this clearly, cure time its a big factor. Give it time to totally harden.

I paint multi million dollar residences for a living. Not cars though.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@bucket,

I bought some Denatured Alcohol not knowing what I might use it for. Now I have an idea.
But all the prep is what I want to do so it will hold up a long time. I don't have anything that rubs up against the panels so it should last, whatever I use.

SquareKing

Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I went to a Sherman paint that also did auto stuff. The tech guy hooked me up on the process and what I needed. Panels turned out good

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128