ORD front lift springs caster correction needed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plugugly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Truck Year
Truck Model
blazer
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
swapping some super stiff front 4" springs for a set of used ORD 4". Planned on reusing the degree shims that were in there, but the center pin hole is oversized and wont work with the new center pins I bought. (Old pack had a very long head that stuck thru the shims.

DO ORD springs come with caster correction built into them? Do I need shims for ORD stuff?

Tore my kids blazer apart and of course nothing ever goes as easy as it should. Really hoping to get this back together tonight or tomorrow

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Typically, those shims are just for an improved driveline angle and they will actually hurt your castor angle.

My BDS springs came with degree shims, but they were installed into the pack and retained by the spring pins. I left them in place and the truck has always steered just fine. I don't recall any of my springs from other brands having degree shims though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bowers31