Omg dude - get real!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I think he's overpriced at half his suggested number. :shrug:

Is that a $8500 truck?
F - no.
No AC!
8.5:1 smog heads!
I guess it looks pretty solid... But thats not $17k worth of truck i dont care where ya are.

MAYBE half. Of the asking price...

NOT seventeen tthousand dollars! :nono:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Finding trucks on CL is kind of slim pickins these days. Facebook seems to be where most of the stuff is these days, but I don't have it. But anyway, here's a couple trucks I came across for similar money. They are far superior in quality compared to the truck in question. And there's plenty more out there of similar quality for the same (or less) money.

You must be registered for see images attach

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
I don’t care too much about paint,limited rust.If it’s got the right drivetrain.

I wouldn’t dare buy that truck for that price.I wouldnt pay 5k for it.Just wait for another to come around.If I see something in someone’s backyard, and it looks worthy,I’ll ask if they’ve considered selling.

All original is worth money.I’m not paying for bad ideas,cheap parts and ****** work.Just cause you have a price damn sure don’t mean I have to pay it.

People always say they know what they have.I’ve found most times they rarely do.And it’s usually cause some buddy told them its worth this or that.

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
So the supply chain bullslip has hit every industry. I just paid 250.00 for a gallon of 87 chevy truck red. it would have cost 100.00 last year. That is paint only. No reducer and clear coat and hardener is extra.
Eric

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Lookit here!

454 Camper Special: 1975 Chevrolet C20 Silverado​

FOR SALE NOW!
You gonna bid on her?
Currently $8800

$17000.....:nono: is a joke
It don't even got side trim on it!

Last edited:

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Some people will pay if they don't research or if they just want it and have the cash. I.e., MANY things on Ebay selling for around $300, then a seller will have the EXACT same thing asking $1k. People will take the ridiculous asking price if someone is willing to pay it. I actually paid $2,800 for my V20, but after sticking some $ and improvements into it, I don't think I'd sell for anything less than $8,500-$10k seeing where these trucks are headed. Besides, I'm getting it where I want it and didn't really buy it to flip, I just wanted another Square and it's a desireable truck to me!

BRetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franklin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I got my '73 longbed in 2019, mechanicals all good but lots of little stuff missing or non-op (headlights, door key, wipers, heater, AC, dead gauges, no radio, etc) but great interior and recent decent paint job, reg and title current in-hand

--> $3500

Checking last month, a '73 longbed C10, "new tires", been sitting for years, non-op registration, you'll just need AN ENGINE and DRIVETRAIN, you're good to go:

--> $9,000

Or one with a engine and all like that, all parts are there (or in the bed), "ran when we parked her there" FIVE YEARS AGO, windshield cracked, seats and dash trashed, needs at least 2 tires and all new wiring. SALVAGE TITLE:

--> $5,500 <-- Oh listed in Los angeles but it's in Stockton, better drive a flatbed up here and back....

My truck's a PITA a lot of the time, but thank GOD my buddy jumped right on that sale within 15 mins and we SCORED.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Well lookit there , this thread turned out alright after all..and y'all thought I was trippin. Except its not a bunch of fun watching somebody else buy such a bad.ass.truck.
F - that thing is a dream! You know that seat is all kinds of perfect under there.
o_O

How many of you muggs read the post about the ebay listing and said "I got / could get $8800.."
With the head scratching and the hmmmm...

More than one of us I bet @Old77 ;)

How much trouble could ya really get in anyways huh? :drool:

Last edited:

BRetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franklin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
All the BS in California, New Jersey now going to ban diesel engines by 2035, has people starting to realize that in a few years, they may unable to buy anything but a subsidised EV. With a mandatory tracking/billing device to tax you per-mile in real-time, and a root-level kill switch (Magical DUI lock that checks everybody in the car for Substances -- yep your car will be sniffing you just like Joe Biden And only chaarge on alternate tuesdays at the New govt-provided charging station (which is run by Homeland Security, are all named for "new, emerging leaders in the fight against racism and inequality."

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

454 Camper Special: 1975 Chevrolet C20 Silverado​

I could see this going in to the $14k range. Its an original 454 truck. You know exactly what you are getting and they are original only once. Paint is fairly decent, just faded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL