Omg dude - get real!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Wtf is wrong with people?
This is some of the dumbest ****...i'm lookin at the pictures...AND THEN! they get to the underhood shot finally and?
No A/C?

A f- SMALL BLOCK in a FLEETSIDE?
G.t.f.o. of here with that bullstuff!
Take at damned truck with ya..
Stupid two tone...you aint right old boy.:nono:

You know they made 16 MILLION of these trucks, right? Yeah. The rest of them had air conditioning. :rolleyes:

Seventeen thousand dollars? Invested maybe.

U.S. monies?
I.....

Have you stil got the old taillights lol?
Where is the Quadrajet? Hahah. Ohh boy a shiny hi dollar truck with a 1406 on it. Ohh wee!

/smh

It's even on cheap 15s!

17k.
(obo)

seventeen thousand dollars
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
It's clean and pretty straight, I've seen a lot worse hack jobs for that price or more. I personally wouldn't pay that much but because some knuckleheads will it'll probably sell for $12~15k-ish.

Blame Craigslist, eBay and the stupid builder TV shows for driving the square body market to ridiculous price levels.

GXPWeasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
1982 | 2015
Truck Model
Sierra C15 | Silverado Z71
Engine Size
5.0 | 5.3
I just saw a few ragged out K20's for sale on the local CL for $6,500 to $9k. Crazy high IMO. I'm just glad I'm not in the market to buy right now.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Im with ya dudes
**** if it was a short 4x4 , with a 454 and AC that price would be imaginable maybe..a long k20 even.....but it looks like he took the AC- OUT of that truck..

AND! It likely isnt even positrac....we all know that stinker is one wheel drive. Probably even riding 3.08.
With an edelbrock carb and preformer intake? Bewar the powa in dere!

Last edited:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Believe it or not (most don't) this is pretty much the ballpark that squarebodies are living in these days. The days of finding a solid $1,000 square or a nice $5,000 are LONG gone. This truck may not be worth the $17k to most people but like @nvrenuf stated if the seller waits long enough he'll definitely get 12-15k on it all day long. There are a LOT of longbed fans out there and a lot of people who want to own a squarebody. Believe it or not, these things are rising in value and will continue to do so especially as the new trucks continue to get closer to and exceed the 100k mark for the brand new throw away trucks. Buying a classic truck for 15-25k is more appealing to a lot of people than paying 80-100k for the jank that's on the new car lots. Gotta put it in perspective. This seller is not that far off the mark.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
*takes another look at his trucks*

Ya think so huh? I dunno dude, oklahoma is kind of the cheap truck Capital...I get that prices are higher in the rust belt but

I think he's overpriced at half his suggested number. :shrug:

Is that a $8500 truck?
F - no.
No AC!
8.5:1 smog heads!
I guess it looks pretty solid... But thats not $17k worth of truck i dont care where ya are.

Sure as hull NOT in Stillwater!
Too bad dude bought a $5000 paint job for a $5000 truck but that money aint comin home...
Cant get the new wheel and tire money back either, ida liked it better in patina with hubcaps!

Oh well, it struck me as remarkable before coffee this morning /shrug . Thats what ya get for perusing Craigslist in the A.M.

Last edited:

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hold your britches. Don't get yourself in a ruffle on something you have no control over. People are buying C/Ks cheap and flipping them, why, because they can. You may not like it but it is just how it is. People want older vehicles and they are going to buy them if they can. Think about this... older Broncos 66-77 rusted out are going for 17K-25K. People are selling them from 75K-125K.

Supply and demand. It's the American way.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
It is the color on the outside as my first squarebody.

Those taillights are garbage though.
It would sell faster with a good set of stock lights there.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
*takes another look at his trucks*

Ya think so huh? I dunno dude, oklahoma is kind of the cheap truck Capital...I get that prices are higher in the rust belt but

I think he's overpriced at half his suggested number. :shrug:

Is that a $8500 truck?
F - no.
No AC!
8.5:1 smog heads!
I guess it looks pretty solid... But thats not $17k worth of truck i dont care where ya are.

Sure as hull NOT in Stillwater!
Too bad dude bought a $5000 paint job for a $5000 truck but that money aint comin home...
Cant get the new wheel and tire money back either, ida liked it better in patina with hubcaps!

Oh well, it struck me as remarkable before coffee this morning /shrug . Thats what ya get for perusing Craigslist in the A.M.
I think your point of view is a bit skewed. You’re living in the 2010’s values. To YOU it may not even be an $8,500 truck but I guarantee if he listed that truck under $10,00 he’s have that truck sold in less than a week.

t44e6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I don't think OP is up to date on the reality of the market these days.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You dont want to know what the Haggerty appraiser ball parked mine at (based on what and how its being done and when finished). Doubt I can afford the insurance.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
You'd do well to watch fb marketplace around the holidays when everyone is broke, and look for old men selling their squares...

Craigslist is dead, and hardly nobody uses it anymore.

It's a damn shame watching my friend piece a c10 together, he's paying out the ass just to piece mill one together that will STILL need a floor and rockers.

My latest purchase was the (almost) all original 79' c10 shortbox I got for like, 3400$?

Straight 6 , 3 on the tree, 12b rear end, custom deluxe, no ac, just heat, and a AM radio.

The rust is minimal in my opinion.. the drivers rocker is ate, both spots on the floor at the A pillar are ate up a little, and the seam where the drivers seat hump meets the rocker is ate up, and the bed floor at the cab side has some holes.

I wasn't going for uh, perfection..... but for a 79' at that price, I stole it from that old man, and I think HE thinks he was overcharging me for it

Clearly nobody (including him) has seen what southern survivors are worth in any platform .... especially pickups and k5's

I'm saving my "k5ton" body, I'm gonna find a 4x4 frame that's unmolested, do some metal work to it, and return it back to a drivable, stock, /2 ton k5.....

A rusty pile of **** k5 with some symbol of a title here is 5,000 and climbing, all day long.
When I was a teen, they could be had for like, 3,000 or less, in pretty decent condition with a lift, some tires, and maybe a tranny leak.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I definitely believe the truck is overpriced based on comparable trucks I've been looking at to buy for myself in the Phoenix area.

I hate to pick apart other peoples stuff but I think there are some flaws that impact the price.

Yes, the AC should be functional at any price over $10k.
While straight, the paint doesn't shine in some of the pictures. Look at the 3/4 shots.

Also, look at the picture of the bed and look at the pass front corner. Appears to be some rust possibly. I'd like to see whats under the mat.

And yeah, the tail lights distract.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SMC2224