Omg dude - get real!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldretiredafguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1988, 1988, 1991, 1983
Truck Model
GMC V-Jimmy, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC-2500 CrewCab
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350
Wtf is wrong with people?
This is some of the dumbest ****...i'm lookin at the pictures...AND THEN! they get to the underhood shot finally and?
No A/C?

A f- SMALL BLOCK in a FLEETSIDE?
G.t.f.o. of here with that bullstuff!
Take at damned truck with ya..
Stupid two tone...you aint right old boy.:nono:

You know they made 16 MILLION of these trucks, right? Yeah. The rest of them had air conditioning. :rolleyes:

Seventeen thousand dollars? Invested maybe.

U.S. monies?
I.....

Have you stil got the old taillights lol?
Where is the Quadrajet? Hahah. Ohh boy a shiny hi dollar truck with a 1406 on it. Ohh wee!

/smh

It's even on cheap 15s!

17k.
(obo)

seventeen thousand dollars
You must be registered for see images attach
But it has a chrome water outlet and a chrome alternator bracket. Adds at least 10K to the value~!~

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Only Earl Schieb is painting a truck for $5k! Good body & paint on a full size truck is $15k-$20k all day long

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Only Earl Schieb is painting a truck for $5k! Good body & paint on a full size truck is $15k-$20k all day long
Yep…I know my dually is larger but I couldn’t get that done by a shop for less than $15k which is why I’m doing it myself. This isn’t 2005 where you can go get a good paint job for $5k. You paying $5k for a paint job then you having Biff doing it out of his garage or your friend’s cousin is painting it out of his barn.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yep…I know my dually is larger but I couldn’t get that done by a shop for less than $15k which is why I’m doing it myself. This isn’t 2005 where you can go get a good paint job for $5k. You paying $5k for a paint job then you having Biff doing it out of his garage or your friend’s cousin is painting it out of his barn.

When I bought my dually from an older lady, she made sure to say that the recent paint job was expensive. It cost them over a thousand dollars to have that done, lol. It was painted in '08-'09 or around there somewhere. I didn't have the heart to tell her it was a crappy paint job :rofl:

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Paint supplies have gone through the roof also. My '15 HD Crew "Deep Ruby Metallic" is $300 a pint!

Attachments

• '15HD-3.jpg
    '15HD-3.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 75

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I paid 4k for my truck 2 years ago.
I thought it was a little high priced at the time, but was happy with my purchase. Now, after seeing how high squares have gone on the internet, I think I got a pretty good deal.
Trucks are still pretty cheap in my area, so I'm happy. A running driving truck or blazer is going for like 2-4k, that's like top of the market here, but I've seen the prices around the country going up like crazy. That's why I buy them when I can cheap.
Just bought a c10 long bed for $350, and a k10 last year for $300, both are now fully assembled with engine and trans, one runs, with no more than a couple hundred bucks in them.
As ugly as they are, they are solid, and I'm just gonna hang on to them for a couple years and sell them. Buy em cheap, sell them high, that's the name of the game, haha.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
I paid 4k for my truck 2 years ago.
I thought it was a little high priced at the time, but was happy with my purchase. Now, after seeing how high squares have gone on the internet, I think I got a pretty good deal.
Trucks are still pretty cheap in my area, so I'm happy. A running driving truck or blazer is going for like 2-4k, that's like top of the market here, but I've seen the prices around the country going up like crazy. That's why I buy them when I can cheap.
Just bought a c10 long bed for $350, and a k10 last year for $300, both are now fully assembled with engine and trans, one runs, with no more than a couple hundred bucks in them.
As ugly as they are, they are solid, and I'm just gonna hang on to them for a couple years and sell them. Buy em cheap, sell them high, that's the name of the game, haha.
True, NM is still reasonable on prices. I search there off and on since I'm in TX. Not too far away.
I'm sure it won't last long.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
Sheet metal is getting expensive too. The price has doubled since I did metal work on my k5 2 yrs ago compared to the metal I bought last month.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

Then:

Now:

I actually didn't click on the original link for the 17k truck until now. I'm not even sure where to begin. I'm normally one of the people that defend trucks and point out all of the higher points that may make it more valuable than what many people see... but sheesh! There ain't no way that truck deserves an asking price anywhere near 17k. The description is laughable too.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Aside from that price being a pipe dream, which I agree with, @Rusty Nail, you missed the biggest reason this truck is not worth near the money asked.
The horrible rattle can looking paint job! Apparently by “custom paint”, the seller means either “horrible quality and cheap” or “too lazy to sand and polish”. Gawd that is 50’ paint job that I could see from 2000miles away!
Worst part is someone who thinks that is “good” or “custom” also probably used cheap materials and no tell what/how the prep went as he didn’t even get all the dents out of it!

And that janky fuel pump setup “might” get you home….carry a spare. Or 2 if it’s a long trip!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
That’s where the money is, and most people with enough cash will also be smart or observant enough to see the “best” part of the truck looks like it was done by a 10 year old…and not completed.
Which leaves those less observant and that is a much smaller crowd at that price!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Aside from that price being a pipe dream, which I agree with, @Rusty Nail, you missed the biggest reason this truck is not worth near the money asked.
The horrible rattle can looking paint job! Apparently by “custom paint”, the seller means either “horrible quality and cheap” or “too lazy to sand and polish”. Gawd that is 50’ paint job that I could see from 2000miles away!
Worst part is someone who thinks that is “good” or “custom” also probably used cheap materials and no tell what/how the prep went as he didn’t even get all the dents out of it!

And that janky fuel pump setup “might” get you home….carry a spare. Or 2 if it’s a long trip!

Right, the paint is the biggest offense. It doesn't matter how much that paint job cost them due to materials, labor or whatever because a very poor quality paint job adds absolutely nothing to the overall value of the truck. To someone that wants a truck with actual "nice" paint, it actually devalues it because it will add to the time and expense of doing it again, but better.

When you factor in all the other stuff, like missing AC parts, missing trim and emblems, missing door weatherstripping and interior sheetmetal that is still painted white... it's no different than purchasing a 75% completed project truck in primer for half the price or less.

But what really gets me is the "*******UNBELIEVABLE CONDITION*******" at the very beginning of the description. Sure, maybe in comparison to my super low budget beater trucks. But in comparison to other trucks in a similar price range, yeah I don't think so, chief.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timk