Odometer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
82 K10 - Speedometer started bouncing and odometer quit turning. I pulled it out and lubed it up. Swapped in a LMC new cable, and with both no change. I believe it was routed wrong, it looped under the passenger side under the transfer case. I re routed the original over the transfer case and now the speedometer works.

But the odometer still doesn’t. Any ideas on the odometer except swapping it out?

85 Squarebody76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C1500
Engine Size
82 K10 - Speedometer started bouncing and odometer quit turning. I pulled it out and lubed it up. Swapped in a LMC new cable, and with both no change. I believe it was routed wrong, it looped under the passenger side under the transfer case. I re routed the original over the transfer case and now the speedometer works.

But the odometer still doesn’t. Any ideas on the odometer except swapping it out?
The odometer is driven by the speedometer gear inside the head... so if it don't work I would take it apart and lube the gear inside the speedometer that turns the odometer assy..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deankelly