NOS Door Hinge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mavtricks71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I have days like that where what i read i translate wrong from being too tired. This hinge has been discontinued for a long time so id imagine it will be tough for him to find. But Id love if he found one. I have a buncha health problems and right now I just dont feel like rebuilding my hinge.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
I have days like that where what i read i translate wrong from being too tired. This hinge has been discontinued for a long time so id imagine it will be tough for him to find. But Id love if he found one. I have a buncha health problems and right now I just dont feel like rebuilding my hinge.
I have a question. Does it have to be NOS? I have extra hinges. I can take one of them apart, sand blast it to bare metal. I have new hinge pins and bushings. I can build you one for a fraction of the price of NOS, and it would be just as good. If you want it powder coated I can do that too. It up to you, but I'm offering if you want it. I will say this... finding NOS parts for a Squarebody is going to be way expensive, and for what?

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
If you hang out here long enough. You will find out we have a bunch of great people here. That are very knowledgeable, and usually are willing to help out how ever they can.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Most of the NOS stuff I come across the last few years was never installed/ used because it has some type of defect and it sat on a dealers parts counter for 30 years because nobody wanted it. It might be brand new but has damage or extensive shelf wear in a lot of cases. A hinge probably wouldn't matter.

In the early 90's, when I bought my '63 Nova, I bought every NOS part I could find for that car and I was able to buy it cheap as only '69 Camaros and '57 Chevy's had the big followings. Nobody cared about the 1st gen Nova so it wasn't uncommon to find nice cars, even SS's in the junkyard. That dried up quickly by 2000 and now some of those pieces of trim that I bought for $20 is now worth a few thousand and has helped offset some of the expenses of building my own cars. My regret is I only bought parts for my '63 when I should have been buying the 62, 64, 65 stuff as well.

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
I have a question. Does it have to be NOS? I have extra hinges. I can take one of them apart, sand blast it to bare metal. I have new hinge pins and bushings. I can build you one for a fraction of the price of NOS, and it would be just as good. If you want it powder coated I can do that too. It up to you, but I'm offering if you want it. I will say this... finding NOS parts for a Squarebody is going to be way expensive, and for what?
I was hoping you'd offer this lol. I knew you have the goods, just wasn't sure you had the time and inclination. Mr. Clean is also Mr. Nice Guy!

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
I was hoping you'd offer this lol. I knew you have the goods, just wasn't sure you had the time and inclination. Mr. Clean is also Mr. Nice Guy!
AWW... don't let the Mr. Nice Guy get out, I don't want my rep getting tarnished...lol

mavtricks71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Hey Clean i really appreciate that. I do have a good used hinge and new hardware to rebuild mine. I kinda like to do my own work im just one of those guys LOL ...... So i will just rebuild mine for now until I score an NOS on ebay one day although theres nothing wrong with rebuilding. I ordered new bushings from GM and ill probanly just use a Dorman pin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigboytko