No start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Guess I won't make it to 4 wheel jamboree this year either
Oh and died on the test drive and sheared my starter gear
Lovely

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
dang man that sucks.Hope ya get the carb soon.

Sent from the dust in front of you!

Last edited:

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Last starter auto zone wouldn't honor the lifetime warranty with the receipt in hand, got it from O'Reillys last time instead and they exchanged it no questions asked with reciept, no shims in (but new bolts now) and turns over like a champ, now back to waiting for a carb or until I have the cash for a new one

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Just to revisit the steps here. So the truck was running. You rebuilt the carb and now you can't get it to run and/or keep it running? And you've checked and rechecked all the ignition components?

So what brand rebuild kit did you buy? And you're 100% you did match up the gaskets, gasket for gasket on the rebuild and they all matched perfect? I've seen similar problems and it turned out to be the wrong carb kit. Some kits fit many models and have different gaskets. Use the wrong one, and No Bueno. If you're 100% certain the gaskets are all proper, then are you 100% the primary and secondary metering rods are hung properly?

And how about the Accelerator pump plunger? All those parts are installed in the correct order and facing the right direction? How about any check balls? Were there any to speak of and did you reinstall them properly?

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I used the edelbrock rebuild kit
Matched everything
The reason I rebuilt it it was because idk when the last time it was rebuilt and it was starting to bog down like it is now,
I followed the directions and even got a bunch of help from my neighbor who knows them like the back of his hand
I checked all everything else and it all checks out OK
I can't tell if its jets are clogged, maybe floats are sticking, idk.
But I think I may just get a new carb any eventually and see how it goes, possibly a smaller one since the 350 is stock

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85Shortsquare