Newb wtfmid I need help with long term kido build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jppr26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 custom deluxe
Engine Size
350/5.7
Well I picked up a long block 350 for cheap, headman long tube headers, 991 heads, 4 bolt main, 2101 edelbrock intake, gear drive timing, dont know cam or crank. But kido was all about getting greasy on the Subaru, and now this, awants to build a motor/truck. But I dont know how to build one, I have posted a thread on 350 books before and am ordering one this week, but I need one that is fully understandable from a 7 year old

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
That is awesome! You’re a lucky guy!

It’s so refreshing to see a kid with car parts in their hand as opposed to an ipad.

Sorry, I have no recommendations for a book.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I would think it’d be helpful to be able to diagram both an outside image and a cutaway image before doing anything else. Just because I can read the word ‘ulna’ doesn’t mean that I know what it is without having previously studied a diagram of a skeleton. These books are designed to be easily readable, and if you can visually associate the jargon with an actual object, it becomes a lot more feasible to learn how to do stuff.

Shadowshady

Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I use this book as a reference. It has not let me down yet.

“Rebuilding the small block Chevy” by SA Design. Book number SA116 ISBN number 978-1-932494-21-1

Noah

peats

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
72k5, 81c10 short step, 83k10 short fleet, 03 SSR. 25 chevy doodlebug
Truck Model
k5 c10 k10 SSR doodlebug
Engine Size
406 360 6.2 5.3 171
might be better to find a local engine builder. someone that has done it a hundred times and knows exactly what to look for. boost the economy and peace of mind. i'm just saying!! no oh **** moments.

Notaworktruck

Reaction score
First Name
Manitou
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Great choice for a project for the kid, one of my first solo builds as a teenager was an old 350 and its pretty straight forward, but I definitely second the see through V8 models, they helped me a lot as a young kid so by the time I could actually undo a bolt without dads help I knew what I would find under the stamped bits. I dont know if theres an engine build book thats geared towards children, but Im sure starting this early it wont be long before theyre giving you tips :D But seriously for basics I would suggest something like HowStuffWorks.com for a quick crash course without going too in depth into the engineering.

By the way, Props on getting the Kiddo into the hobby, working on cars with my dad are some of my best memories and its good to see it happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1977chevyc30