New Member - '86 Short Box LS Swap - TerminatorX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ponchopilot86

Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Hello Y'all!
I am an old school ex Bodyshop guy doing a LS Gen3 5.3 & 4L60E swap on my C10. Going to install a Terminator X MAX and WIRING is not my thing. The Terminator plug in looks easy on the LS, but how about the wiring into the existing Harness/Connection block? any help or past posts you know would be appreciated! Thanks Y'all.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
:welcome:

Ole Buck

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 SWB 4x4
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Hello Y'all!
I am an old school ex Bodyshop guy doing a LS Gen3 5.3 & 4L60E swap on my C10. Going to install a Terminator X MAX and WIRING is not my thing. The Terminator plug in looks easy on the LS, but how about the wiring into the existing Harness/Connection block? any help or past posts you know would be appreciated! Thanks Y'all.
bump for ya

Elliot W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Elliot
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hello Y'all!
I did a Gen3 5.3 in mine. Used a PSI Performance harness and PCM. Those guys are good and will provide tech support. Their installation manual was good too. There were only a few tie ins from the PSI engine harness to the trucks harness which are shown in the installation instructions. I left some of the original truck harness (in the engine bay) installed since it had a couple wires on there for sensors and power at the starter etc.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Do yourself a favor and sell that Holley junk. Go order a BP or PSI harness and use a GM computer. Much more reliable, everybody I know with the Terminator has nothing but problems.

Agreed with Elliot^ I used a PSI harness, those guys are great for customer service. There's 5-6 wires you have to tie in together to get it running. I've got a 5.3/4L65 in mine with 30k miles on it now, it's been flawless. Also, go join the LS Swapped Squarebody GM Truck page on Facebook, TONS of good info there. There's a "Files" section with all kinds of info/wiring diagrams/etc. Scotty Baccus that runs the page also makes swap mounts/fan shrouds/etc through his company Tejas Steelworks. Highly recommended.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
:welcome:

drumvirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-30
Engine Size
Welcome from the beeeutiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia!

Corvette Ed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eli
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome aboard from East Tennessee.

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
Get a PSI harness and its plug and play. Lots of tuners wont touch terminators unless they do the install.
Trust me. This is my thing. Unless your doing some kind of forced induction then terminator is worth it.
Plus terminators are NOT SELF TUNED as they say. PERIOD. You caN LOOK THat up. You will need a tuner
no matter what.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigboytko