new here with an 87 short R10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87virginiaog

Reaction score
First Name
jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

87virginiaog

Reaction score
First Name
jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@87virginiaog,

Man! What in the world is happening to your ....paint? It looks like they put something on there to cover what there was on it and now it's washing off. What is that?? You haven't done any body work to it yet have you? It looks like it on the drivers side cab corner. But what is that other stuff on there?

Oh yeah, the pics of your gauges, is that what the voltage is? That is way low. It should be at 14 volts running. If it's lower than 13 1/2 volts with nothing's on but the engine than your voltage regulator may be going bad. If you're not afraid to take your own alternator apart and work on it, you can change your voltage regulator out and is alot cheaper than buying a new alternator. And the oil pressure, it'll jump when you are pulling away from a stop light, and then when you stop at a light it should go down. So that's normal, mine does the same. Just think, the oil pump isn't turning fast when you're stopped, and as you speed up the oil pump speeds up and pumps more pressure. So it's okay.

87virginiaog

Reaction score
First Name
jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
Thanks for reply
Didn’t know how oil pressure should work. Jist know it wasn’t working
Paint/ clear was flaking so I started to sand. Will get the patches I can’t do done

Filled about 20 plus holes today on bed - and where molding went

NO PRO-

Just trying

87virginiaog

Reaction score
First Name
jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
@87virginiaog,

Man! What in the world is happening to your ....paint? It looks like they put something on there to cover what there was on it and now it's washing off. What is that?? You haven't done any body work to it yet have you? It looks like it on the drivers side cab corner. But what is that other stuff on there?

Oh yeah, the pics of your gauges, is that what the voltage is? That is way low. It should be at 14 volts running. If it's lower than 13 1/2 volts with nothing's on but the engine than your voltage regulator may be going bad. If you're not afraid to take your own alternator apart and work on it, you can change your voltage regulator out and is alot cheaper than buying a new alternator. And the oil pressure, it'll jump when you are pulling away from a stop light, and then when you stop at a light it should go down. So that's normal, mine does the same. Just think, the oil pump isn't turning fast when you're stopped, and as you speed up the oil pump speeds up and pumps more pressure. So it's okay.
Yea. I tried before sending ….

87virginiaog

Reaction score
First Name
jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size