New daily driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Nice ride! With the current gas prices, current traffic conditions, time to see what she's capable of! (with no children in the car of course) Have fun

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Thanks guys I'm enjoying it for sure.

It is actually still averaging a little over 20 mpg so it's actually the most fuel efficient vehicle we have! The 2 suburbans are lucky to break 16...

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
Well thanks to the "stimulus" I got my buddy to detail an ceramic coat it. This thing pops now. It's got to look better than it did new, he did a killer job. I'll try to link the video he made. If it doesn't work look for clean slate detailing in forest city nc. The lighting wasn't great by the time I got home today.

https://www.facebook.com/2073746359504892/posts/2649260651953457/

You must be registered for see images attach

Looking good.
Ceramic coating is great. My 2015 z28 had it applied by the dealer when new.
At first I thought, why but glad it's there. After 5 years it still looks new.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
small updates, not to much picture worthy though. Had the mid-muffler delete done, installed a hellcat lower air box, new tires (went with 275s) an i think the windshield is getting tinted next week. I did quite a few burnouts before the new tires went on. Those were fun....

Biggest issue at the moment is a water leak on the dr side that I can't track down. I've already ruled out the door seals an windshield so kinda at a loss as to where I should look next.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Windshield tint done. I really like it so far. This was right after it was done so I had the side windows cracked a little so it could dry out. Its not as bad at night as I was worried it would be...

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Windshield tint done. I really like it so far. This was right after it was done so I had the side windows cracked a little so it could dry out. Its not as bad at night as I was worried it would be...

That looks good, what percent? The troopers around here used to automatically impound you for it but the last year or two, I’ve started seeing tons of people with their ‘shields done. Wanna do my DD as before next summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Pretty tint on windshield is a no no in Georgia, but that looks good. Okay in SC?

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Pretty tint on windshield is a no no in Georgia, but that looks good. Okay in SC?

I’m in north Ga and they’re starting to get lax on that, seeing more and more people do it. Especially considering how big some of the new windshields are

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Also funny as right now im dropping off my s10 for window tint. Lol

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
That looks good, what percent? The troopers around here used to automatically impound you for it but the last year or two, I’ve started seeing tons of people with their ‘shields done. Wanna do my DD as before next summer

40% on the windshield, 15% on all the rest I believe. Impound seems a little harsh, it's usually just a fine an a fix it ticket here. Some officers will just make you peel it off right then an there from what I've heard.

No, actually all the tint on the car is technically not ok lol. Cars are only allowed 35% on the side an rear windows I think. Truck rear windows can be anything but front side windows are supposed to be 35% as well. All windshield tint is a no go. I've have at least 15% on all my vehicles for years with never a problem, this is the first one I've done the windshield on though. It used to be an automatic traffic stop but it seems to be getting more common so I'm giving it a try lol.

As usual if I'm stopped all the windows get rolled down an the inside light is on if it's dark out. They generally don't say anything about tint when you do that around here....

Last edited:

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Well this is my second dodge/chrysler product an possibly my last. I love this car, it was everything I wanted in a sports sedan but I'm still chasing the water leak I mentioned above an I'm not even making a dent in it. Its really taking all the enjoyment of the car out of it because I have to watch the weather an put it up if its going to rain. I'm looking at $300 at least to replace the dr side carpet if I can ever stop the damn leak. I did track it down to a push pin that holds the carpet to the kick panel. That area is filled with sound deadening foam though so they don't expect any water intrusion in that area. I dont want to just seal the hole because then the water will just find a new way out. I need to stop it from getting in there at all.

I've have been all over looking at forums an asking for help but get zero response from anyone. Its really a let down. Im nearly at the point of giving up an sending it down the road. I dont have the time an I'm running out of patience to deal with it.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Yeah that sucks! Little stuff like that can definitely suck out the enjoyment. I essentially got ride of a 99 Tahoe for very similar reasons. Drive me freakin nuts!!!

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Man I missed the windshield tint post. I have 50% on my ram with 20% all around + the factory tint. 50% on the windshield and 5% all around on my passat.

Cant live without it. Backing up sucks at night but whatever, just roll down the windows.

As for the leak, I just bought a jeep cherokee with the same damn issue but its clearly an improperly installed windshield. The passenger side floor is currently frozen solid due to the weather. Have you tried a soak test yourself? Time consuming but worth it for that car IMO. Also look into the drainage channels. Dunno where they are on that car but I've had issues with multiple cars because of clogged up channels.

@Old77 I had a 2000 Tahoe with the same issue, I kicked it down the road but I just quick fixed it by giving it new drainage holes. Would have a small pond in the passenger foot well.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Yes I've spent several hours in the car, with multiple interior parts off to check several places while it was pouring rain. Under the dash, the windshield, door seals etc are all good. At the moment I expect it's some failed or badly applied seam sealer at the base of the windshield. The problem is that to get to it I think I'll need to pull the fender which involves also pulling the bumper an the side skirt. I dont want to get that deep in it but with the way the water flows off the windshield/roof it can only be a few places an they are all in that area. I sealed up some areas that I could get to the other day but it didn't help any....