New daily driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
So for the longest time, since probably the early 2000s I've wanted a larger 4dr "sports sedan" I blame this all on the 94-96 Impala SS. It was the king of these type cars in that period but well out of my means as I had just started college.

I wanted one for a while but at this point in my life most of them are either to expensive or to much of a project. I shifted towards crown vics for a while, an even researched a manual trans swap in one. But it is a ford after all an thanks to all the police/taxi units none of them are worth anything, an they are not in the current"sports sedan" range power level wise.

The 2015 redesign of the charger really caught my attention an for about the last 2 or 3 yrs a B5 blue 6.4l scat pack has been on the top of my list for my next car. Last week I made it happen as my first bad financial decision of 2020. :rofl:

I love this car so far, it's everything I hoped it would be. I don't have a huge list of things I want to do it (cant take away from the C10) just some small things an I plan to enjoy it an keep it a long time.

Enough babble, here are some pics...

You must be registered for see images attach

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
That's awesome, I'm on that program, interior soft trim, I've driven about every version, but I like that one the best.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
That's awesome, I'm on that program, interior soft trim, I've driven about every version, but I like that one the best.

Ive had a few Ford's in the past but I've generally stayed away from dodge, except for a caravan we had in 2010 which was a humongous pile of crap.

I'm pretty pleased with this one. It has 57k miles an no rattles or weird noises. It was a 1 owner car an was very well taken care of, from all appearances. For having 485hp it averaged 27.6mpg on the trip home from atl. Ive been hooning around in it most of the week an its still showing 19.3. I'll take that all day long, the suburban I have an my wife's avalanche average 16 an are no where near this much fun to drive.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Ive had a few Ford's in the past but I've generally stayed away from dodge, except for a caravan we had in 2010 which was a humongous pile of crap.

I'm pretty pleased with this one. It has 57k miles an no rattles or weird noises. It was a 1 owner car an was very well taken care of, from all appearances. For having 485hp it averaged 27.6mpg on the trip home from atl. Ive been hooning around in it most of the week an its still showing 19.3. I'll take that all day long, the suburban I have an my wife's avalanche average 16 an are no where near this much fun to drive.

I'm glad to hear it's solid, we do a lot of BSR work to make it that way lol.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Cool. :) I could never get myself to pull the trigger on a late model chrysler product but sounds like a fun car :) I'm currently DDing a 99 Grand Prix GTP and it's pretty fun and fairly quick. Not as much power as that or near as nice but is more fun when use to driving big trucks and SUVs the rest of the time LOL

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Cool. :) I could never get myself to pull the trigger on a late model chrysler product but sounds like a fun car :) I'm currently DDing a 99 Grand Prix GTP and it's pretty fun and fairly quick. Not as much power as that or near as nice but is more fun when use to driving big trucks and SUVs the rest of the time LOL

To be honest heres what helped sell me on it.

The LX platform has been out a while an is actually a carry over from the damiler/MB days. Its pretty proven by now, though plenty of motorsports sites will say it's worn/outdated etc.

The ZF trans design is also pretty widely used in the industry from fiat/Chrysler to MB to us here at bmw an idk who all else so I knew its a good unit as well.

That leaves the Hemi, which from what I can tell is a reliable unit also, minus the MDS lifters eating cam lobes which is also common to GM DOD so no biggie there.

Couple those things with this one being a 1 owner car with a clean history an service records going back to day 1 an I'm pretty confident it'll be good to me. I have been wrong before though! :rofl:

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Nice buy! I've been a fan of the Dodge RWD cars from that redesign too. My crystal ball says a 2015+ Challenger RT with a shaker hood is gonna find its way onto my property.

Hope this beast gives you years of fun and service.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Nice buy! I've been a fan of the Dodge RWD cars from that redesign too. My crystal ball says a 2015+ Challenger RT with a shaker hood is gonna find its way onto my property.

Hope this beast gives you years of fun and service.

As do I!

I drove a few challengers. Imo they were hard to see out of (similar to a 5th gen Camaro) an I felt like I was sitting on the back axle. They were fun to drive still though. With my kids getting older though squeezing them in the back seat of a 2dr is about impossible now.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
As do I!

I drove a few challengers. Imo they were hard to see out of (similar to a 5th gen Camaro) an I felt like I was sitting on the back axle. They were fun to drive still though. With my kids getting older though squeezing them in the back seat of a 2dr is about impossible now.

I havent driven one, yet. I'm afraid I'll enjoy it too much and make a stupid financial decision. Between my two Trans Ams I'm used to having obstructed view. The Charger is a nice settling point between comfort, space, and a little skinny pedal action.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
I havent driven one, yet. I'm afraid I'll enjoy it too much and make a stupid financial decision. Between my two Trans Ams I'm used to having obstructed view. The Charger is a nice settling point between comfort, space, and a little skinny pedal action.

That's what I thought with the Charger. A local dealer had a few an I thought I'd go drive one because I'll probably hate it.

Ya that didn't work out so well lol

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Did one of the first "mods" I had planned. Tint for the brake/reverse lights is on the way.

Debating on doing the fender badges now.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
I rented a '08 Dodge Magnum for a week once. 3.5L, very nice, comfy, quick, quiet, good handling and better MPG than I expected. Don't know why you don't see many of them.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Looks soo much better! And now you have badges for your toolbox lol.

Tint the tail lights minus the red halo. Really cleans up the rear end.

https://www.hellcat.org/attachments/image-jpeg.61105/

Similar, maybe same color too.

Yep that's the plan, this is the one that sold me on it. I don't think I'm going to do the tall wing though.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Yep that's the plan, this is the one that sold me on it. I don't think I'm going to do the tall wing though.

Those race track tail lights are awesome!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoblind