Never Ending Brake Bleeding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Allan Abley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado C10
Engine Size
Brake fluid stretches the hose and possibly getting some air in the line attaching to the bleeder. usually cut it off 1/4 inch to get secure fit. i use the mighty vac.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I have a snap on truck purchased air powered pressure bleeder, I also have a homemade garden sprayer bleeder, I also have a mighty vac bleeder, and at one of the shops I worked at we had a phoenix injector. At the end of the day I don't see .02 cents difference. I use whatever is most convienent at the time and place I'm working. Now this is an interesting tidbit. I never tried this but it sounds very feasible. I was talking with a guy once who said he had a long piece of tubing e would attach to manifold vacuum and then to a bleeder. He'd open the bleeder listen for the idle to change when it started sucking brake fluid, then he'd move to the next bleeder.

Last edited:

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Thanks for all of the tips guys. you wouldn't think something like bleeding brakes would cause such a dilemma, guess i'd be wrong haha

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
When my 77 truck needed both rear cylinders,a master cyl. and a brake hose it took some effort to get the bleed done. Sometimes just a gravity bleed is easiest for me.I aint in a hurry.And am mostly too cheap to buy the tools I need when I got a fortune in tools already and still need more. lol

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
When my 77 truck needed both rear cylinders,a master cyl. and a brake hose it took some effort to get the bleed done. Sometimes just a gravity bleed is easiest for me.I aint in a hurry.And am mostly too cheap to buy the tools I need when I got a fortune in tools already and still need more. lol

exactly

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
. Now this is an interesting tidbit. I never tried this but it sounds very feasible. I was talking with a guy once who said he had a long piece of tubing e would attach to manifold vacuum and then to a bleeder. He'd open the bleeder listen for the idle to change when it started sucking brake fluid, then he'd move to the next bleeder.

This sounds ingenious! I may have to try this next time....just because.

hatred

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy
Engine Size
Hose and jar method

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads