need help not sure where to post so here it goes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ice205

Reaction score
First Name
lee
Truck Year
1985 chevy
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
ok first of all ...i have a 85 chevy suburban 350 lm1 goodwrench 4 bolt main motor .....runs great and so on, i took the smog pump of and plug the one vacuume line and pluged the 2 exhaust holes one on each side now it runs like crap ... no im not wanting to put it back on ... i have a rochester carb on it .. the vacuume line diagram would be fed standerd the motor is newwer then the original one (been replaced a couple yrs ago ) any info or pics would help ...thx

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
ok first of all ...i have a 85 chevy suburban 350 lm1 goodwrench 4 bolt main motor .....runs great and so on, i took the smog pump of and plug the one vacuume line and pluged the 2 exhaust holes one on each side now it runs like crap ... no im not wanting to put it back on ... i have a rochester carb on it .. the vacuume line diagram would be fed standerd the motor is newwer then the original one (been replaced a couple yrs ago ) any info or pics would help ...thx

Put everything back on, and see if it helps. Contrary to what most say, the smog pump does not rob enough power to be noticeable, unless the pump is starting to freez. Can you give us the 3 letter code from thebdiagram? and I am assuming the line that you plugged was to the AIR diverter valve?

austinado16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1990 w/307k miles on the clock
Truck Model
GMC V1500 Suburban SLE
Engine Size
5.7L TBI/4L60/3.42's
Welcome! Nice to have another Suburban onboard!

ice205

Reaction score
First Name
lee
Truck Year
1985 chevy
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
im going to put a 12 inch lift with 44 s under it ... so here goes the thing ...the air pump goes to a valve the vavle has 3 lines one to the decal valve , and one to left side exhaust and one to the right ....now the fed code would be for emissions like xfa diagram .. so ill stick the other valve on and hook the lines back up .. i know it will be fine again .. so curios if the factory exhaust manifold would cause the problem the other valve name is the dvtr valve that comes off the pump then to the exhaust and one line to decel valve......who ever thought of useing this crap had to be an idiot ...dont need it but i dont feel like ripping every thing apart and redoing the intake and so on ....

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
im going to put a 12 inch lift with 44 s under it ... so here goes the thing ...the air pump goes to a valve the vavle has 3 lines one to the decal valve , and one to left side exhaust and one to the right ....now the fed code would be for emissions like xfa diagram .. so ill stick the other valve on and hook the lines back up .. i know it will be fine again .. so curios if the factory exhaust manifold would cause the problem the other valve name is the dvtr valve that comes off the pump then to the exhaust and one line to decel valve......who ever thought of useing this crap had to be an idiot ...dont need it but i dont feel like ripping every thing apart and redoing the intake and so on ....

If you dont need it, thats cool, and it should not have caused an issue. The easiest way to see whats going on is to at least hook the vac lines back up, and give her a whirl to see if the problem subsides or not.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
im going to put a 12 inch lift with 44 s under it ...

On a suburban???????:boxed::uhoh2::confused:

Your COG is gonna suck, but hey, its your ride. And i cant blame you, i was originally gonna do the same to my k10.

ice205

Reaction score
First Name
lee
Truck Year
1985 chevy
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
ok i found out my problem .. my daughter decided to help and switched plug wires on me ....shes 4 yrs old .......lol ......

ice205

Reaction score
First Name
lee
Truck Year
1985 chevy
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
and too ..driver 4 ....................i live here in montana .. so roads here would be better dirt ..insted of potholes every 4 feet......and 2 no bumper hieght law ..........also please refresh my brain....cog...? as for i dont remember or ive not heard of the term..thx

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
and too ..driver 4 ....................i live here in montana .. so roads here would be better dirt ..insted of potholes every 4 feet......and 2 no bumper hieght law ..........also please refresh my brain....cog...? as for i dont remember or ive not heard of the term..thx

Center Of Gravity.

ice205

Reaction score
First Name
lee
Truck Year
1985 chevy
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
ok .....yeah 38s was a first thought ..........just depends on how things work out...

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
38's ide go 10" lift. 12" springs will ride liek crap.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
On a suburban???????:boxed::uhoh2::confused:

Your COG is gonna suck, but hey, its your ride. And i cant blame you, i was originally gonna do the same to my k10.

A Burb is roughly the same length as a longbed pickup. And lifted Burbs kick ass.

ok i found out my problem .. my daughter decided to help and switched plug wires on me ....shes 4 yrs old .......lol ......

Well that makes sense then, lol.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
A Burb is roughly the same length as a longbed pickup. And lifted Burbs kick ass.

Bucket, just for you, ill post this here.

You must be registered for see images

ice205

Reaction score
First Name
lee
Truck Year
1985 chevy
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
i also want a 2-3 inch fender flares and a windshield visor with no lights for mine ........ but like ur burb

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
Bucket, just for you, ill post this here.

You must be registered for see images

Just for him??? Hell Andy probably owns at LEAST 1 just like it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kipps5000