My FREE 350 Motor Survived Thankfully !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Glad that engine made it through...

A bit sad to see that the squares had to go across the scales though.

yes it was. Especially the Burb. You could stand back 10 feet and it looked good. But you open the doors and see the rust in the door pillars, it had to go. And they both got scrapped for such minor issues. The kid got overwhelmed by tearing them both apart so far that he could not get them back together, and his wife was being a ho, so he was out chasing ass to drown his sorrow, then had decided to move back to TX and was broke so he didn't have any money to repair them even if he did get them back together. Between the 2, I got him enough money to pay back what he had paid for the 80 Pick Up that he bought even though he never got to drive it. A very messed up situation. Nobody won on that deal but me.

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yeah, that sucks... I wish I had been around about that time. I could've used pieces off that pickup's front clip. I still need an inner fender... Outer too if I can find an OEM piece. Have an aftermarket one laying around, but would rather go OEM if I had the choice.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yeah, that sucks... I wish I had been around about that time. I could've used pieces off that pickup's front clip. I still need an inner fender... Outer too if I can find an OEM piece. Have an aftermarket one laying around, but would rather go OEM if I had the choice.

No doubt buddy. If I had more time, there is alot more **** I'd have gotten, like the streering column out of the Burb, the bucket seats even though they weren't OEM, but the rack built for mounting the seats was pretty cool as a universal seat mount, the 87 Stand Alone TBI harness, and I could have had that good running TBI motor by unbolting it, then swinging my house lifting it out without the bossman knowing it and then scrap the truck, so that he wouldn't ask me for the motor, which is also why I didn't get the steering column.

The deal was, bossman wanted **** off the truck, but he wanted me and the kid to pull the **** for him while the bossman was doing our tows keeping money out of our pockets, so we'd be working for FREE as we did many times.

That's the big reason the kid bailed back home to TX. He was getting ripped off and working for FREE, so the kid wasn't going to let the boss have a damn thing. As he said, he's rather scrap it and why he tore up **** like the steering column, cut the seats that the boss needed. This is also why the glass and body got beat up on the 80, so the bossman wouldn't claim he wanted us to pull **** off the truck with our labor.

It was also the bossman that was responsible for things like the front Burb bumper and air compressor for the ARB locker disappearing. That made me and the kid both pissed off. It wasn't boss's trucks and he's selling **** off the truck that wasn't even his. Yeah, a fuct up deal, but that's the type of people we were working for and why I'm no longer there.

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Damn.... That **** sucks monkey balls. Really sad there are people like that out there and that there are enough of them that I'm sure we all know at least a couple.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1