My 1982 Buick Grand National Project basket case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
I’d imagine you could probably continue parting that body for quarter panels, deck lid and trunk couldn’t you? I’d say she did good to keep other cars on the road :)

I have someone who is actually interested in the quarter panels, and trunk lip. The trunk lid has some dents but could be repaired it’s not rusty. There’s some plastic trim panels I still need to remove from the interior but there isn’t much left of it I took quite a bit and sold quite a bit of it

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
I know for sure there is a Buick forum where (kind of like a Squarebody forum) where somebody wants those parts. I mentioned an extra rim from my Oldsmobile to a Buick buddy and he posted it on a Buick forum. It was gone in a couple of weeks.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
I know for sure there is a Buick forum where (kind of like a Squarebody forum) where somebody wants those parts. I mentioned an extra rim from my Oldsmobile to a Buick buddy and he posted it on a Buick forum. It was gone in a couple of weeks.

I’m on those too and have it posted I believe someone is wanting the quarters

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
Why I'm a hoarder.

Somebody can use that part. It would be a crime to just scrap it. :(

I won’t scrap it, if no one buys them I’ll just keep the body I may purchase a car that may need them in the future. I hoard as well. I’ve currently got two Buick 3.8 engines and a Fiero engine in my garage just because

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
Making progress I don’t have much left to remove on the frame before it’s ready for blasting

You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Never understood why people leave those on. That's the first thing I take off be it sticker or badge. Along with dealer plate frames.

I just like the old metal ones. It's neat knowing where the car was sold at some point in time and when I see them, I can sort of visualize how it looked sitting there on the lot, surrounded by other cars of the time.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I just like the old metal ones. It's neat knowing where the car was sold at some point in time and when I see them, I can sort of visualize how it looked sitting there on the lot, surrounded by other cars of the time.
I agree especially on the older cars/trucks with the old pot metal dealer emblems still on them.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305

Yeah, I can see holding on to it. Just not on my car. Maybe in the garage tho.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
It is cool to see them but it’s not what I want to reinstall once it’s done. I remember my mom telling me when she bought the Typhoon new in 93 the dealer had put a gold pinstripe on it and then of course it had the dealer name. She had them remove it all as soon as she purchased it they weren’t pleased with that request lol

Last edited:

75Monza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1980, 1982, 1985
Truck Model
K30, K20, K20
Engine Size
454, 383, 350
Still gotta get a bottle for it but finally but the bullet and got a welder

Really like mine. Get two bottles and a spool gun. 1 big bottle of stargon and 1 small bottle of argon (for welding aluminum with the spool gun).

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
Believe I have found what will power the car. Will be having it shipped down from Illinois sometime in January. I found a original 4.1 4bbl complete engine and transmission. I originally planned to do the intercooled swap but instead to just be odd I’m going to put the stock engine back in it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laqota