Mirror and Vent Windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckCo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I hope everyone is having a great holiday month,

I am looking to purchase good fitment/quality vent windows for my truck. Id like a "complete" bolt in style that already has the gasket and handle ready to go and does not need assembly. I also need a good quality set of mirrors. With so much on the market, I do not know what websites have good quality fitment parts. Does anyone have any experience with fitment and or recommendations? I didn't know if this went under tech or exterior as there is both involved. Thank you all!

Bloodhound1981

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
I hope everyone is having a great holiday month,

I am looking to purchase good fitment/quality vent windows for my truck. Id like a "complete" bolt in style that already has the gasket and handle ready to go and does not need assembly. I also need a good quality set of mirrors. With so much on the market, I do not know what websites have good quality fitment parts. Does anyone have any experience with fitment and or recommendations? I didn't know if this went under tech or exterior as there is both involved. Thank you all!
Do you have a set of vent windows that can be refurbished? I sent mine to Precision to be rebuilt, I'd say some of the best money I spent on my build. https://www.prp.com/vent-program

Even if you can find a used set to buy and send in would be better than anything aftermarket, IMO.

TruckCo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Bloodhound thats kinda what I was thinking. Do they make a rebuild kit at least thats decent?

TruckCo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Do you have a set of vent windows that can be refurbished? I sent mine to Precision to be rebuilt, I'd say some of the best money I spent on my build. https://www.prp.com/vent-program

Even if you can find a used set to buy and send in would be better than anything aftermarket, IMO.

Do they make a rebuild kit? I have zero idea where I would send it out too.

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
As far as mirrors go, I'd get a set of the stock stainless mirrors. If they're going on fresh paint, you can polish them to showroom condition and replace the mirror glass. Nothing beats OEM!

TruckCo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Awesome thank you for the replies. Does this look factory to you? Its almost like the glass has a gasket that seals to the outer gasket is this right? Also im assuming this is the single one piece gasket judging by the pivot being covered? They leak bad!

Attachments

• IMG_6089.jpeg
    IMG_6089.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6088.jpeg
    IMG_6088.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 55

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
If I had it to do over I would’ve sent mine into Precision to get refurbished. Or at least ordered my parts directly from them, vent windows are a major PIA.

Daron58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daron
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250 I6
Yes, they are a pain but doable, I got the two piece set for each side and everything else needed to rebuild from lmc and one of the window frame was broken on pass side take your time, be patient and you’ll be able to do it FWIW

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Awesome thank you for the replies. Does this look factory to you? It’s almost like the glass has a gasket that seals to the outer gasket is this right? Also im assuming this is the single one piece gasket judging by the pivot being covered? They leak bad!
They look new already. Why replace them? Air leak?
Do some adjusting and some added foam in the window channel and you can seal them up for free.

Randy and Easton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 LWB
Engine Size
We did ours, they were a pain but even an amateur can do it. If I had to do it over would have used Precisions rebuilds program as mentioned above. It’s turn key , powder coated frames and all hardware. A big time saver, and stress and cussing reducer….

Attachments

• IMG_6295.jpeg
    IMG_6295.jpeg
    324.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6296.jpeg
    IMG_6296.jpeg
    292.9 KB · Views: 34

Black01Z

Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You don't have to submit it.

You must be registered for see images attach

midwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thanks, I didn't go far enough with it.

Rick R

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10/ Cheyenne Super
Engine Size
I thought it said $564 for a set. Wow. I rebuilt mine w/LMC parts. At that $ I’d do it again. I have an extra set ready for rebuild what are they worth?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag