MELTED fuse caused by a short?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

80goldenburb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nico
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban C20
Engine Size
'68 cad 472
driving down the freeway, she lost all power to head/tailights, instrument/gauges power and cd deck). There is no switch 12v power either. turn key to acc position and it acts as if battery cables are disconnected. only the aftermarket cig lighter/usb adapter has power (its hooked to constant 12v). The radio and gauges/instrument fuses were blown. BUT the yellow wire (pictured) I had from the orange 10ga (ign switch 12v) going to the engine side of the firewall powering a secondary junction block i installed for inline electric fuel pump, 4L80 +12v, LED fog lamps and trans cooler fan.
For some reason the fuse didn't pop but instead MELTED. Has anyone had this happen before??? And why do i have no power? the starter wire is tight. I will remove and rewire fuse box and external plug to get this back up and running, if i have to. this **** sucks
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xXmutantXx